Iso: Opinion...

Roughnecks2277

There are good and bad points. nVidia cards do tend to exhibit more rendering errors, in my experience. The thing about nVidia is that you get PhysX which can be a big boost to effects rendering speed. That will give you a smoother experience for all FPS games (and FPS/RPG hybrids like FO3). nVidia makes a much better driver than ATI, and they support cards for much longer.

ATI hardware is beefier and a better value, but I prefer nVidia for the reasons stated above.

There are good and bad points. nVidia cards do tend to exhibit more rendering errors, in my experience. The thing about nVidia is that you get PhysX which can be a big boost to effects rendering speed. That will give you a smoother experience for all FPS games (and FPS/RPG hybrids like FO3). nVidia makes a much better driver than ATI, and they support cards for much longer.

ATI hardware is beefier and a better value, but I prefer nVidia for the reasons stated above.

What is a PhysX? I'm terribly sorry but I'm not good with computer parts and stuff? Is a PhysX recomended to get with a nivida or is it required?

Until I recently upgraded, I played on High-ish settings with an HD 2600 XT...at 1600x900. ;)

Why is this called ISO? Aren't they piracy?

No. Not in this context. Also, the .ISO you're thinking of is simply a disc image format, no more no less.

Actually, it's closer to 20 but who's counting? :)

so can Fallout 3 support PhysX? Is Fallout 3 one of those 20 games?

Again I'm sorry for all my dumb questions, I've never played Fallout 3 on my computer and this will be my first game that I have modded. I mean I have played Fallout 3 on my xbox 360 for a year now and I have all the achievements but you know. :)

nope... fallout doesnt support it... anyway as it seems you can also activate physx on ati cards by using custom driver patches

fallout uses havoc btw...

imo its still far too early to use the physic ability of modern gfx cards to make a descicion on what to buy... there simply isnt a standard yet, intel and amd want havoc, nvidia wants physx (well they bought it) and ati gives a crap lol... their cards are fast enough :D

if you really want physic wait for directx11, mmh oh its out yet lol, well me poor xp user wont see it anytime soon anyway :(

nope... fallout doesnt support it... anyway as it seems you can also activate physx on ati cards by using custom driver patches

fallout uses havoc btw...

imo its still far too early to use the physic ability of modern gfx cards to make a descicion on what to buy... there simply isnt a standard yet, intel and amd want havoc, nvidia wants physx (well they bought it) and ati gives a crap lol... their cards are fast enough :D

if you really want physic wait for directx11, mmh oh its out yet lol, well me poor xp user wont see it anytime soon anyway :(

I'm confused the one guy says he uses it for Fallout 3 so the gameplay would be smoother but you say it doesn't work? lol sorry

well fallout doesnt support it as its a havoc game... easy as that, i dunno if physx also gives a speed boost to non physx games but i doubt it

imo physx will be gone for good in a few month anyway, directx11 offers a much better, more compatible way for developers to speed up their physic calculations, but who knows

on top of that did ati rescently release the 5xxx series which is incredible fast and not that expenisve

nvidia suffered badly since the riva128 days in which they still were revolutionary, by now ati is in my mind the choice to take, faster, cheaper and less bugs so far (ok in bf2 they suffered some glitches)

btw, that amazon link to the 9800 is kinda expensive, thats a 2yr old card... the new ati 5xxx series starts around 300 and its prolly thrice as fast if not more, even those nvidia 2xx series are not that expensive anymore

furthermore doesnt the 9800 support directx 11 but only 10... hence it actually needs physx, sadly not that many games support it