NMM 0.50.0 and NMM Legacy releases

Dark0ne

Uninstalled and updated without a hitch, now running v0.50.1 Nexus Mod Manager. Though for some odd reason it kept trying to point to a completely different folder structure NMM must have made somewhere along the way. Upon first start it showed the wrong directories but it was easy enough redirecting them to the correct location and then deleting the empty folder paths it made. I've got it pointing to E:/Utilities/Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim/Mods but for some reason it created it's own path on the same drive called E:/Games/Nexus Mod Manager/Skyrim/Mods. Same for the Install folder. I don't know if I just missed something or not, but it wasn't there before.

Odd...

Oh and yes I installed NMM to the same structure as listed above, the same folder structure I used in my previous version. But aside from that my installed mods and configurations remained the same and are completely intact.

Edited by SamusKnight2K

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately updating to 0.50.1 completely broke the ability to edit the interface. The fluid and snap-lock system from earlier versions is gone and I'm really missing the setup I've always used (3 fixed panes; downloads across the top, Load Order on the left and mod list on the right). It's going to be seriously frustrating constantly tabbing between the mod list and the load order...

...so much so I'm probably going to go back to 0.49 until this is fixed.

Edited by TheInquisitor

well i installed this new version into D:/Games/Nexus mod manager and all of my mods and other things are still there and unchanged previously NMM was installed in D drive i think its the mods and install info directory that should be same NMM can be installed anywhere on your computer

I had a bit of a hiccup as it seemed to recall a very old load order as my current load order when I first started up NMM 0.50.1 for the first time (a load order from probably a year ago old). It found my old install of Skyrim on my Win 7 drive, not my current Win 8.1 install on my SSD. I redirected it though, so all is well.

So, a warning to all: double check the file path it finds your game in is correct and avoid looking like a dunce like me! :)

In response to post #15358245.

Well you can't expect NMM to work as before then? You need to copy the previous Mods folder (where all the mod archives/cache are) and the Install Info folder (where the mod install registry is stored) over the new one you created.

In response to post #15353375. #15355750 is also a reply to the same post.

I'm not sure, where should they be? At the moment they are in my 'Games' folder in my C: Drive. Should they be somewhere else?

EDIT: I just changed it to my skyrim data folder, is that correct, because the mods in there are still not appearing in the folders list. They appear in the plugins section, just not the folders. Edited by clonewars131

Something is wrong here. When I install 0.50.1, I lose all my mods in the mod folders window despite installing to the same directory as before and using the same game & folder paths. I have tried twice to install 0.50.1 - once by downloading from the NMM download page and once by updating though NMM. Both times - no go. When I install an earlier version (0.49.3), I do not have this problem (my mod folder interface is fine) - so I know I'm using the proper directories and file paths.

0.50.1 is a no-go for me.

Edited by qalan