Doctor Who

kruddpm

( i do not own any of the characters or the tardis, they are the property of the BBC)

This is just the very brief start of the story. Something of a "pilot" to see if anyone likes where this is going. Also the story is set in the tenth doctor's era, series 4, just after the tv story "The Unicorn and The Wasp'

The time rotor floated peacefully up and down inside the central column of the TARDIS. Donna Noble leaned absent mindedly against one of the handrails leading from the main doors to the control panel. The Doctor was as usual, completely absorbed in the various buttons that covered the control panel.

The control room was filled with an awkward silence.

“soo Doctor where were we headed again cos…”

“AHA! “ The Doctor shouted, interrupting Donna, as she was not there.

“You hear that! He continued, standing as stiff and still as a statue.

“Uhh no!” Donna replied annoyed

“Exactly! No wait that’s not good! That’s really not good!”

“Whoa, what is it this time eh? The cup holders break? Donna mocked.

“Wellll no not quite, the dimensional stabilizer just failed meaning that the artron mainframe is experiencing difficulties…

“Bloody ‘ell jus spit it out spaceman!”

“Roughly speaking we’re about to um crash”

“Wada you mean crash!? I thought this thing de-materised or something?”

“well yes it does “dematerialize” but like I said the dimensional stabiliz….HANG ON!”

The Doctor shouted as the as the TARDIS began hurtling out of control.

The TARDIS seemed to fall forever, until.

THUD. The craft finally made contact with solid ground; the shock was so great that Donna was thrown into the floor of the TARDIS, losing consciousness. When she came to again she was sitting upright in the chairs by the console. She looked around for the Doctor but he was nowhere to be found, until she spotted him sitting with his back to one of the control room pillars, a distant gaze in his eye.

“Ow my head how long was I out?”

The Doctor said nothing.

“Sooo where are we then?” Donna asked

“It’s not right... its only ment to be a myth…”

“What are you on about?”

“Look at the scanner” The Doctor said solemnly

“But that…whats?...we cant be can we?”

Very good. Want to know very much is meant only to be a myth. Kudos.

Please check spelling. Otherwise great.

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

thanks ill keep writing then. i was actually going do write it like a script for an episode but i thought a narrative format would be better for this site.

i did a bit of reading into doctor who "lore" and how tardis' are living things and where do "living" things go when they die... any who thats all ill say for now

and although i was inspired by lore the majority of this came from my own head.

Very good. Want to know very much is meant only to be a myth. Kudos.

Please check spelling. Otherwise great.

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

oh yes and i just had a look over the draft and the "spelling mistakes" are actually deliberate for example donna's dialog is spelt wrong deliberately to sort of "show" her accent. because as you would know as a doctor who fan, she doesn't speak in very proper English like you would normally write. you would write "hey i can see you" but with donna's way of speaking you would write "oi i seen ya" though she does occasionally speak without the "attitude"

but thanks for pointing it out anyway. and thanks alot for the kudos :thanks: ;D

The time rotor floated peacefully up and down inside the central column of the TARDIS. Donna Noble leaned absent mindedly against one of the handrails leading from the main doors to the control panel. The Doctor was as usual, completely absorbed in the various buttons that covered the control panel.

The control room was filled with an awkward silence.

“soo Doctor where were we headed again cos…”

“AHA! “ The Doctor shouted, interrupting Donna, as she was not there.

“You hear that! He continued, standing as stiff and still as a statue.

“Uhh no!” Donna replied annoyed

“Exactly! No wait that’s not good! That’s really not good!”

“Whoa, what is it this time eh? The cup holders break? Donna mocked.

“Wellll no not quite, the dimensional stabilizer just failed meaning that the artron mainframe is experiencing difficulties…

“Bloody ‘ell jus spit it out spaceman!”

“Roughly speaking we’re about to um crash”

“Wada you mean crash!? I thought this thing de-materised or something?”

“well yes it does “dematerialize” but like I said the dimensional stabiliz….HANG ON!”

The Doctor shouted as the as the TARDIS began hurtling out of control.

The TARDIS seemed to fall forever, until.

THUD. The craft finally made contact with solid ground; the shock was so great that Donna was thrown into the floor of the TARDIS, losing consciousness. When she came to again she was sitting upright in the chairs by the console. She looked around for the Doctor but he was nowhere to be found, until she spotted him sitting with his back to one of the control room pillars, a distant gaze in his eye.

“Ow my head how long was I out?”

The Doctor said nothing.

“Sooo where are we then?” Donna asked

“It’s not right... its only ment to be a myth…”

“What are you on about?”

“Look at the scanner” The Doctor said solemnly

“But that…whats?...we can’t be can we?”

END OF "PILOT"

The Doctor stood up from where he was sitting.

“But wha...what does this mean exactly?” Donna asked

“Alright Donna I’ll do my best to explain, now listen very carefully, the TARDIS is not machine in a conventional sense it is in fact a living thing. It wasn’t built it was “grown”.

“Well that explains all that patting and stroking oh and mushy “ooww good girl” or “c’mon you can do it” Donna joked mockingly.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah shut up and listen; now I won’t go into details about the process before the TARDISes are ready for use but just before they are, a time lord has to ahh how do I put it? Um well activate it with their biological imprint which would “link” the time lord to their TARDIS. Now with this link the TARDIS is ready for use.”

Donna nodded looking a little confused. The Doctor continued.

“Now this link is very important because in a way it allows the TARDIS and the time lord to become one in a way. And as years go by the bond grows stronger, but time lords are not invincible and with the death or loss of its time lord pilot, that bond is broken. Now normally this has no consequence, the TARDIS will just be left to rot until a new pilot comes along. But often there were tales of lone TARDISes that would float endlessly in and space mourning the loss of their pilots. Sometimes these TARDISes would even go so far as to commit suicide, flying straight into wormholes and supernovas.”

“So what Doctor? What does any of this have to do with where we are?”

“ I’m getting to that , now as I said TARDISes are living but eventually the wear and tear of regular space and time travel takes its toll, eating away at the TARDIS eventually causing it to “die”. When this happens though just before death the TARDIS is said to go on one last journey and this is final journey takes the TARDIS, to a pocket dimesion outside the regular flow of time and space, a graveyard, filled with millions upon millions of rotting dead TARDISes and the whatever is left of the poor souls that were piloting them. ”

“But what do you mean “is said to travel”? Why don’t you know?”

“Because Donna, almost no one has ever set foot this graveyard and those that have or at least say that they have, never come back quite the same” The Doctor replied slowly still keeping his solemn tone.

“But we can’t be in this, this pocket dimension now, can we?

“According to the scans it’s the only possible place we could be. That’s what I meant when I said it’s only meant to be a myth, I’ve always been skeptical but now…”

“The TARDIS looks fine though I mean didn’t you say that we should or could only be here if the TARDIS was dead?” Donna said sounding worried.

“Donna, I’ve never been here before in my life, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry but I’ve only ever heard the stories, as far as I know this place shouldn’t even exist! And yet here we stand. But you are right though the TARDIS seems to be fine the stabilization problems seem to have settled,”

He said once again resuming his place flicking switches at the control panel.

“In fact Donna, we should be right to leave… Donna?” The Doctor asked, expecting to hear a huge sigh of relief from his companion, his ears were met with nothing but silence.

Donna was gazing straight at the unusually fuzzy view of the TARDIS’ surroundings shown on the scanner monitor, she seemed somewhat almost hypnotized.

“Donna are you alright? I said we should be able to leave immediately “The Doctor said walking over to see what Donna was so transfixed on. Upon glancing at the screen, the Doctor was also somewhat mesmerized.

“Well maybe we could have a little look outside before we go, after you don’t often visit places that shouldn’t exist, well than again I do but this is different.” He said.

The Doctors gaze was finally broken when Donna spotted shadowy figure in the corner of the screen.

“Hey! Did you see that?”

“See what?”

“I dunno it was almost like a… a man or a shadow or something”

“Donna there is no life forms here, sentient or otherwise, I’ve already done a scan”

“Look! There it was again did you it? It was just a few metres from the door! C’mon I’ll show you” Donna said running to the main doors and exiting the TARDIS.

“No wait stop! Donna dont go out there!” The Doctor shouted but he was too late, she had already left, leaving him alone in the ship.

The Doctor grumbled as he grabbed his overcoat and headed for the doors himself, preparing to set foot into the unknown.

“Wait for me Donna!”

Dont worry im already writting the next part. also sorry about the amount of rambling in this part, i just thought i should give some kind of back story to the "sick" going ons in my head haha.also sorry again if this was boring but dont worry its not until the tardis crew step outside the tardis that the adventure really kicks into gear . hope you enjoyed this part, the next is underway.

this next bit will take a bit longer because i want it to be a more solid piece of writing unlike these last two chapters which are just a few paragraphs.

Enjoyed the story except found the concept of a TARDIS graveyard to be a tad sad. Can the Doctor save them or put an end to their misery?