Anyone else really hyped for Mass Effect 2?

Retribution

Should of got it for the PC :P we can mod our way to resources.

@LH

yeah I suffered this bug a few several times, thankfully I modded a ghost/walk keybind. I feel really sorry for console players now, I thought that bug only existed on PC.

The only requirement for getting it is to play the specific mission where it is found on Hardcore or Insanity- turn up the difficulty before leaving the Normandy, and turn it back as soon as you've got the rifle.

But thats cheating! (Says the guy who mods the .ini for resources)

I knew that already, just trying to get the Insanity achievement fairly.

If only

Uranus

wasn't a depleted planet.

EDI: "Really Commander?"

Advice: Save early, save often.

Agreed especially on insanity where the weakest of mechs can pose a danger in a group of three or more.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah. Poor people. Ironically, but it seems online games like Lineage 2 actually somehow managed to do me some good - they honed my patience for extremely boring activities other people can't stand (you don't want the details :)). Which unfortunately doesn't make them pleasing in any way. Though there's some exitement in scanning those damn rocks as if gambling.

I have the XBOX 360 version and I only experienced one bug throughout the game...although that bug occurred twice.

I can confirm this bug. It has so far happened to me on only one mission, so I figured it was a fluke- it was one of the few where Shepard lands alone, in this case exploring a shipwreck which is in the process of falling over a cliff. I was running down a beam to reach a lower level when it happened to me; the wreck shook and suddenly Shepard was stuck in the air about 3' above the beam, unable to move. I assumed at the time that it was caused by something I did; after all we gamers have a rather nasty habit of breaking physics completely by accident by doing things we were never meant to do. :whistling:

Save early and often is a habit for me with RPGs and Shooters, and especially with hybrids of the two. I typically keep two to three savegames, two of which I leapfrog over each other during normal play (so that, at any time, even if one file gets messed up I can revert to the other a short while behind it) and the third which gets used when I see important happenings on the horizon. That pretty much covers all possible foulups, from me spontaneously eating a rocket to offending the Physics Gods to power failure or whatever.

Sometimes I'll have a few more save slots ready if the game is really long and decision-heavy, so that I can explore different scenarios without having to start a whole new game, never more than 6 though. Having more than one save and constantly updating is just a good policy. If a game has a nondisruptive quicksave, I'll use it religiously.

Sometimes I'll have a few more save slots ready if the game is really long and decision-heavy, so that I can explore different scenarios without having to start a whole new game, never more than 6 though. Having more than one save and constantly updating is just a good policy. If a game has a nondisruptive quicksave, I'll use it religiously.

I usually make a completely new game each time, they only take up 2MB max.

Hah. Poor people. Ironically, but it seems online games like Lineage 2 actually somehow managed to do me some good - they honed my patience for extremely boring activities other people can't stand (you don't want the details :)). Which unfortunately doesn't make them pleasing in any way. Though there's some exitement in scanning those damn rocks as if gambling.

Personally my boredom threshold was raised by Runescape Mining/Smithing. Strangly appropriate, considering.

:drag: :whoops:

After watching my friend play some Mass Effect 2, I fired up Mass Effect 1 on his other computer, grabbed my saves remotely (an ssh server at home is a wonderful thing), and powered through what little I had left of ME1 so I could start ME2 asap, even though the scanning, limited fuel, and limited ammo all look like a pain in the butt.

My Kaidan is now so many scattered bits and pieces on Virmire. I say, Death to Hybrids! -- unless they happen to be Krogan Warmasters that is. Even so, when it came down to the final mission... I took Garrus instead of Tali. Figured I'd need someone who was actually trained in assault rifles.

Hopper-Saren was a cinch with lift mastery. :D

Now I'm hoping biotics are still worthwhile in ME2. I'm eager to find out for myself.

Now I'm hoping biotics are still worthwhile in ME2. I'm eager to find out for myself.

I have a harder time playin my adept on Veteran mode than my Soldier on Hardcore mode. I personally have trouble aiming biotics, and they don't seem to work well at long ranges. Then again, maybe I am playing them wrong.