Little Oblivion crash I cannot seem to fix

Ball11

Hey,

Anyway, I use Alternative start mod game loads up fine and I select my stats and what class I wanna be and so on. Then I go sleep in the bed then it loads gets all the way up (loading bar fills up) then it just says "Oblivion has stopped working" It crashes on loading into Imperial city (I selected the Imperial city on the mods choices)

I have sorted load order with both BOSS and LOOT none work, made sure when using BOSS unrecognized ESPs are sorted accordingly. No errors or Warnings when using them.

Bashed patch is placed at the very bottom and rebuilt when ever load order is changed (like you are meant to)

Cleaned all files that needed cleaning with Tes4edit, and left the ones that didn't need fixed. Also LAA enabled Oblivion.exe didn't help.

I do have Better Cities with Better Imperial Cities installed but I am not sure that is causing it as I used the same mod before and it works fine.

Load Order: http://pastebin.com/Wz7HwZvn

Any help Appreciated :D

EDIT: Sorted, INI where not getting fully restored when creating new ones, that was the issue. I had old, unstable ini still in use when they where not getting replaced by new ones

Edited by Ball11

I have an issue with Better Cities in that it crashes on exit from Oblivion. With this in mind, perhaps there is a conflict with Better Cities.

The Better Cities readme claims that all Better Cities .esp files should be as low as possible in your load order, preferably on the bottom of the load order. I don't know much about Bash patches, but I would assume it's fine to leave the bashed patch below Better Cities.

If that doesn't fix it, I would try disabling Better Cities on a clean game, and see if it will load properly then. I do not know what kind of alternative start mod you are using, but I would check the mod page as well to see if there are any non-bsa (loose files) versions of the mod. Since Better Cities is a BSA mod, it can conflict. I had just solved an issue with Better Dungeons in another thread, and I was trying to use the BSA version first. Oblivion wouldn't load my save at all, and it was because of a BSA conflict.

Hope that helps!