RANDOMNESS!

Birrii

THe question is: why the Hell someone needs to steal a bridge? Or even better, a beach? I could understand about a tank, but...

Im in your base stealin' your bridges. Sand also.

Who needs tanks when you can DROP BRIDGES on them, or break them with sand.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe question is: why the Hell someone needs to steal a bridge? Or even better, a beach? I could understand about a tank, but...

Actually, I think I can catergorize this.

Practical Theft: Bridge

Reason: Scrap metal can be sold easily and would actually not still be in a 'bridge shape'

so several tons of scrap would fetch a fair price. How the hell they did it in one night is the

real question here.

Psychotic Theft: Beach

Reason: Sand! SAND?! Why would sand be useful? This was either and elaborate prank

or pure insane randomness.

Stupid Theft: Tank

Reason: It's a tank. I can see how it'd be pretty cool to have it out there sitting in your yard,

but really. I highly doubt anyone can pull this thing up to a shady car dealership and say 'oh, my great

grandfather picked it up back in WWI.' Combine that with the fact that dismantling it into scrap would be

practically impossible, after all it's built like a... tank.

To steal an idea, a thought, a creation

To steal the breath of a virgin (nasty old tantric trick)

To steal a tool, a weapon, a kitchen sink

To steal money (just official treasury stamped bits of material)

To steal love (that can not really be stolen, at least not the real thing)

Theft takes place all the time but is always utlimately futile

Just some incredibly wise and profound thoughts for you all to admire!!!

:wallbash: :wub: :whistling: :thumbsup: :thanks: :stupid: :down: :blink: :bunny: :banana: :dry: ;) :rolleyes:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Actually, I think I can catergorize this.

Practical Theft: Bridge

Reason: Scrap metal can be sold easily and would actually not still be in a 'bridge shape'

so several tons of scrap would fetch a fair price. How the hell they did it in one night is the

real question here.

Psychotic Theft: Beach

Reason: Sand! SAND?! Why would sand be useful? This was either and elaborate prank

or pure insane randomness.

Stupid Theft: Tank

Reason: It's a tank. I can see how it'd be pretty cool to have it out there sitting in your yard,

but really. I highly doubt anyone can pull this thing up to a shady car dealership and say 'oh, my great

grandfather picked it up back in WWI.' Combine that with the fact that dismantling it into scrap would be

practically impossible, after all it's built like a... tank.

Is that really worth the trouble of stealing that damn huge thing which comes across a river, among other things? There are easier sources of scrap in Russia, though, of course, bridges are not guarded. Well, not generally. Their favourite objects were power lines, thus far, AFAIK (or was that oil pipes?). It may be dangerous, but guess what... it doesn't stop them. But bridge... it's not danger, it's Hell of an effort.

It's just that you can sell pieces off a bridge. It's still a monumentally ridiculous thing to do. ;D

I should have put a qualifier at the beginning of each category stating "Well, if you ignore the inherent

stupidity of such an act..." then stealing a bridge becomes practical, but you still have to be an idiot to

think it's a good idea.

Yes Sarya there are many stupid things done, but also some very cleaver thefts ( or scams in the case below )

World War 1 had just ended and England is in ruin, the British government is cash strap this gave Arthur Ferguson the idea of selling off the Big Ben. He manage to con his victims by claiming that he had been hired by the British Prime Minister to quietly sell off some of London’s most famous landmarks to raise cash. Arthur Ferguson “sold” just about every landmark in London several times over, charging $5,000 for Big Ben, $30,000 for Nelson’s column in Trafalgar Square, and $10,000 as a down payment for Buckingham Palace.

Ferguson was never caught for his scam and when things started to get out of hand, Ferguson fled to America and set up a shop selling US landmark, he managed to con his victims into buying the White House and many more, Ferguson was finally arrested for trying to sell the Statute of Liberty to an Australian for $100,000. He spent five years in prison for the crime.

This guy had GUTS :smile: