ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Staff account compromise. What's happened and an apology.

Dark0ne

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my virus soft ware I did a full wipe and reload and re downloaded my files and it was instantly quarantined but I payed no mind to it because some programs and things show up as malicious anyway. But this was the exact file that jumped my virus scan into place!!! I really suggest Avast for those of you who are using other software like macafee. Its way better in my opinion I've used AVG macafee and one other I can't remember the name of but this one is by far the best. you can download a free version from there site easily http://www.avast.com/en-us/index they have to free versions and a pay its a great service!!!

In response to post #15497530. #15498170 is also a reply to the same post.

I've been redirected to java and I'm in the US if this helps you can tell its fake too so I've just been avoiding it and exiting out of it. It sounds like the event is slowly spreading and isnt quite isolated in Germany anymore.

You know when you really get down to it I've got a total of 958 mods and I swap them out I love them all. 958 mods and only one problem that's almost 1 out of a 1000 not to mention that fact that I had to re-install programs and updates and drivers and such so, I consider that a realistic outcome and a good one. For the most part things on this site CAN be trusted you just need to be smart. :) Thanks guys for all your hard work.

In response to post #15495505. #15499140 is also a reply to the same post.

"between the hours of 12pm and 2.30pm today"
*does a round of applause* I have to say that is amazing speed. Not even 24 hours and you not only noticed the issue, contacted the personnel, and even corrected the issue! I have to give a round of cheer to this.
However, let us know if the staff member is okay and not in the hackers trunk. though highly unlikely lol, though it does leave the question if you have a rouge staff member. The more probable issue maybe that this hacker knows how to track IP address through the server and remotely accessed their desktop to sign back in through the Staffs username and password.
To all even the staff, please do not save your username and passwords in your default browsers memory this is easily hacked into. If you wish to save such data use LastPass or another like it.
Post Script: Many here like me know our programming and hacking ourselves if you wish to, run white-hacks (Hacking security only to make it more secure) on the server and let Dark0ne know of any breaches you find. Also, as this hacker has pretty much attacked his own community please feel free to look for the data traces of this user, confirm it is him, IM Dark0ne before further action. (Though I would like to say fry his PC not sure the legality of revenge hacking and would rather his IP be traced back to his router and from there his home address and the the law gets to play with them in the court) ~if said hacker remotely accessed staffs PC to gain access to the server that way then the IP will only be that of the staff's so again please contact Dark0ne before any action if you do trace it back! Edited by ewhale2