Astronomy

Illiad86

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks :) Was watching a show last night on Science Channel about Voyager...love seeing those old photos :) Was cool, boyfriend was out scoping, I was inside most of the time and Science Channel had nothing but space shows on :) Crazy how it's still out there sending back signals :) I can't wait until they put up the James Webb Telescope, we're gonna get some crazy pictures with that.

Sheesh, I still get tears in my eyes seeing the Moon landing :sweat: I wish I was alive to see it live at the time :) I hate it that people think that was fake, it just disgusts me.

Did you see recently that they found hundreds of Earth sized planets orbiting stars in our galaxy? Just amazing how they figure all this stuff out.

My boyfriend wants to go to school to be an astronomer someday, he understands physics and the universe so well.

Ohhh and we are getting solar film in the next few days :D So soon we'll have pictures of sunspots :D I can't wait :D

Pardon my rambling, kinda drunk lol...and just happy. We spent quite a chunk of change on the telescope and the camera, and it's been worth every penny :) Just glad that some things are worth it these days.

Thanks :) Was watching a show last night on Science Channel about Voyager...love seeing those old photos :) Was cool, boyfriend was out scoping, I was inside most of the time and Science Channel had nothing but space shows on :) Crazy how it's still out there sending back signals :) I can't wait until they put up the James Webb Telescope, we're gonna get some crazy pictures with that.

Sheesh, I still get tears in my eyes seeing the Moon landing :sweat: I wish I was alive to see it live at the time :) I hate it that people think that was fake, it just disgusts me.

Did you see recently that they found hundreds of Earth sized planets orbiting stars in our galaxy? Just amazing how they figure all this stuff out.

My boyfriend wants to go to school to be an astronomer someday, he understands physics and the universe so well.

Ohhh and we are getting solar film in the next few days :D So soon we'll have pictures of sunspots :D I can't wait :D

Pardon my rambling, kinda drunk lol...and just happy. We spent quite a chunk of change on the telescope and the camera, and it's been worth every penny :) Just glad that some things are worth it these days.

I hear about that stuff all the time, I am a devoted lover to astonomy. If only we could send probes to those star systems and examine those planets, then we could have hundreds in the books and online to study. That would be the day... :sweat:

Woot! We got our solar film a few days ago...so now we can get pictures of sunspots :) Took it out yesterday..and got a pretty cool video. It's so sunny out right now...boyfriend had to work though :( Holy crap!!!!!!!! It's 87F/31C out...93F with the heat index :( Oh my poor baby :( He's a roofer...gonna come home burnt as all heck :( *sigh* He needs to get an indoor construction job :P Glad I'm not out there...

I can't wait for Autumn :) Jupiter will be up right as the sun goes down, so we're going to try and get a full 10 hour rotation of it :)

But anyways, behold our mighty Sun :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFGfcxflZTI

watch it in HD, looks better :)

Thanks for looking :)

indeed :) Going to be very interesting when it's more active :) Might have to get the other type of filter to see the flares too...but those are crazy expensive....holy crap...anywhere from $800-$13,000 :blink: The glass has to be absolutely perfect and all that happy crap...but sheesh...

A true astronomy camera would cost well over $600...that's what we payed for our DSLR...atleast we can take regular pictures with that :P

Manufactures or this stuff must think we all made of gold....

indeed :) Going to be very interesting when it's more active :) Might have to get the other type of filter to see the flares too...but those are crazy expensive....holy crap...anywhere from $800-$13,000 :blink: The glass has to be absolutely perfect and all that happy crap...but sheesh...

A true astronomy camera would cost well over $600...that's what we payed for our DSLR...atleast we can take regular pictures with that :P

Manufactures or this stuff must think we all made of gold....

Yes, but it isn't easy to make these things, it's only easy to ship.

• 1 month later...

Ah...wow, been awhile. The weather has been absolute crap as of late. We might get out tonight as it looks like it's finally going to be decent :) High pressure, low winds, low humidity :D and even a little chilly, 39F for the low today...winter's a comin'!!

We did, however, get a pretty nice video of Jupiter not too long ago :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCqPS2-1bE

Enjoy, thanks for watching, and watch in HD and see the end result picture at the end :D It came out really nice :)

Edited by Illiad86

Illiad86,

I finally took the time to come visit your thread, and man am I sorry I waited so long!! What great shots. I am really impressed. We talked a long time ago about your astrophotography, but I had no idea just how cool it could be. Those just blew my mind, girl! You rock!