CTD with the following mods, and yes, I've tried a clean uninstall/reinstall

madgoatwoman

Nice. Hope you enjoy the game!

I think what they meant when they suggested to use MO and Wrye was that you should exclusively switch to MO for example and use wrye for Bashed patches or that you should use just Wrye. The idea is that uninstall all mods in your current manager and reinstall them in MO. Either way I prefer MO by far but i still need Wry for patch generation. If you have time I would suggest learning both of them. Amazing tools.

What I like about MO is that you can create profiles with each their own mods installed. So I can have Vampire playthrough with Better Vampire another profile exclusively for Werewolf playthrough each with their own texture and armor mods etc. Allows also for easy testing of different mods as well.

BTW you were missing this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27755/? I think if you install it and reactivate the NPC overhaul it should work.

camaro_69_327 I think LooT is working pretty well right now haven't had any major issues yet except once but that is why it gives us the plugin window which allows to reorder some of them. I think BOSS issue is that there are many unrecognized plugins by it and many people who are getting into modding might have more issues with where to place them.

I've got all the time in the world-- I'm a farmer. I taught myself how to make head morphs in DAO in the space of about two days. I think it should be easy to work out how to use these tools properly.

Also, I was wondering how to have more than one savegame active at a time with different characters. Handy to know that MO can help with that-- cause Skyrim doesn't seem to have the ability/capacity for more than one active character at a time.

I'm the idiot who, at level 47, decided to start again cause I didn't want to do the Thieves' Guild quests. And because I was already halfway through a TG quest when I dled the TG requirements mod, that really stuffed everything up. So I've had to start from scratch again. But it's totally okay. I plan on NOT powering through the Dragonborn and Dawnguard expansions like I did last time.

Time you say...have a look at STEP I can vouch for the fact that they did a fantastic job finding everything you need to run a heavily modded setup. When done with STEP you will have a rock steady base game on which to build .

I have not tried this ...but have read that (and it makes sense) you can use different Log ins in windows to have multiple characters....Since the game will remain a constant, but each window login will have a different SAVE folder you would not cross contaminate your saves...

Wrye Bash will do this also ...with Wrye you can even have different mods for each character...simple click, and the mods used for that save are loaded and you play...

Nyquist...ya i have tried LOOT on my mod load out...it gave me a few issues, and sorts my list really weird, but since i edit the "masterlist" for BOSS i don't have any unrecognized with BOSS, so am sticking with that for now. Am running 237 plugins from 357 installers in Wrye Bash. A full STEP + another 150 or so mods...lol.

Hey then I might suggest to learn ModOrganizer for organizing your mods and Wrye bash to do patches inside your mod organizer :). Also it is quite usefull for troubleshooting stuff but I still prefer TESVEdite. Also by creating profiles you get local saves etc and you can copy and transfer saves. It seems to have a new backup feature as well. If I may suggest read about mod organizer on the step page. Will take a bit of time but this tool is really godsent.

Here is the link it has many tabs for everything one should know about in mod organizer : http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Profiles_2