Help finding Peasant Hat .tga's after Dumping?

Jay1andOnly1

The way I use to get the textures I want is to use Texmod logging mode to extract the textures I want from an item. However, Texmod won't give you the names of the files, but it'll show what it looks like and the dimensions of the file. After that, all you have to do after dumping is set the dump folder to sort files by dimensions and you'll have an easier time finding the files you need.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an easier way to get just the textures you want to find right away without dumping tons of textures at once. This is assuming you are using gedosato...

1. (minor prep work) Unequip all armors and weapons and then only equip the item(s) you want to dump. Also make sure you set the game to whatever texture resolution you want. Med or High.

2. Quit your game. Quitting to the main menu should be enough but if you feel like totally quitting it is also fine.

3. Get back to the main menu where it asks you to continue and whatnot. DO NOT press anything else yet, leave up the menu for a moment.

4. Tab out of the game and empty your dump folder. The main menus will have dumped a bunch of textures on its own and you should clear out what is there to avoid clutter.

5. After emptying your dump folder go back into the game and hit continue only once so you just get to where you see the character list. Do not load your character!

6. Immediately go back to your dump folder (without continuing) and you should see about 100-160 textures. Much easier to quickly scan instead of the normal 1000+ when loading all the way into the game.

Here's why this is a good method to dump textures. When you go into the character list from the main menu it only loads the textures on your character and a few others. Not much extra is dumped and all you have to worry about clearing are the menu textures.

Alternatively, which may be even faster...

1. Load all the way into the game and then immediately unequip everything (except ring and items).

2. Tab out of the game and completely empty your dump folder.

3. Go back into the game and equip the item(s) you want dumped and then tab out to go back to your dump folder. It should only have dumped the textures associated with the item you just equipped.

4. Rinse and repeat.

Note: this is easier in windowed mode because you can immediately see what got dumped. This would also remove the need to tab out.

The only other thing you have to realize (if you are making a mod to upload) is that there are now gender specific textures and multiple resolutions now. So one armor set could end up with 20-50+ textures to deal with depending on what you're changing. Anyway, hope that helps because i use both methods to dump textures and it really helps with getting all the textures you need without all the pain of looking through thousands of images at a time.

Edited by EvilDeadAsh34