Site updates: stability, premium donations, endorsements, downloading, apostrophes and full-stops

Dark0ne

In response to post #15745460. #15763555 is also a reply to the same post.

Quality VS quantity. I think you both are right and wrong in the same time.
the endorsement ratio was very low because most of the people (even if the liked the mod) didn't come back to endorse, because laziness, forgot it or simply don't mind.
When I see a mod like Project nevada, (which is the most well endorsed mod) which everybody use and like. It has 1 million + unique downloads and only 12200 endorsements.
It's huge but it's only 1,2%. Does it mean 98% didn't WANT to endorse it because they didn't like it? no for sure, but they didn't do it for many different reasons. One of them is the way to endorse.
I personally forgot to endorse a lot of mods I Dl, like and use, now with the new system this can be done more easily.

What is effective is the ratio endorsements/downloads than just both numbers taken alone

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #15758170.

Indeed. I've had at least two of mine that have doubled their endorsement counts over this week alone vs the initial amount they got after being here for several months.

Most of the rest have also picked up a significant number of them, and I'd suspect Oblivion stuff is also picking up stragglers but I don't really recall what the numbers were on those before.

For some perspective, the Staff use the exact same interface (with some additional options) as everyone else.

So since I usually download the mod in question if I'm investigating a Report, when this feature went live I learned that I currently have 430 mods I've haven't endorsed! :laugh:

In response to post #15778865.

Was probably a reply to my post, so ...
Here we see something new, and people use it to endorse the mods they DL before and forgot to. There is still NO obligation to endorse and you can always dismiss the endorsement if you didn't like the mod or for whatever other reason.
As a simple user my download history was just from the past month and current one, after that it was impossible to remember the mods I forgot to endorse (or not but this doesn't matter). Now everything is shown so people use it to endorse what they missed before.

In the next months the endorsements will be different and will show less "bumps" as people DL history will be cleared.

And if you really think the 1.2% ratio is a good representation of appreciations for the 1st endorsed mod on the FNV nexus, I'm a bit surprised. It's a really weak ratio.

I have not seen the reminder yet, so I'd like to ask a question. Do you have the option to say "No, I do not intend to endorse THAT particular file ever, don't remind me about it any more" ? I mean, there is not much point reminding people to endorse something that they tried and didn't like.

It does make sense to remind people to endorse something that they do like, but have been too lazy to do it so far.