Site updates: stability, premium donations, endorsements, downloading, apostrophes and full-stops

Dark0ne

I have not seen the endorsement pop up yet, but I did recently come to the realization that I have been too stingy and or lazy with endorsing so I have been going in to rectify that oversight. While doing so I had the Animated Dragon Wings mod tell me I could not endorse because I had not downloaded the mod...which I have. I even uploaded an image to my profile of the mod in action. What would cause this? note-I have not yet updated my NMM to the latest version.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #15783290.

It sometimes happens, under heavy load conditions for example, that your downloads won't get registered in your download history. As far as the site's concerned, what isn't listed in there you haven't downloaded. You could in theory simply download the mod again and hope for the same error not happening another time. It happens only rarely, so the chance is good.

In response to post #15783290. #15784145 is also a reply to the same post.

I'll try that, thanks!

edit: It worked, now I get the cant endorse within 15 minutes of downloading, so I will come back and endorse later. Also, I updated my NMM and when I was re-downloading the file I did get the pop-up for endorsing other mods I've downloaded. Thx
2nd edit-Also I donated a premium for my bro while we were on the phone, it was super easy and his account updated right away. Thanks! I am not very skilled at modding so it's nice to have another way to contribute :) Edited by skyfrost077

I'm glad for the endorsement reminder popup.

I was actually surprised to see the large number of I'd dl'd that really did deserve an endorsement, but doing so had simply slipped my mind.

Now those mod authors get the thumbs-up from me that they deserved.

I've noticed an increase in endorsements on one of my mods, which I reckon is to do with the pop-up feature. I don't come in here everyday but, when I do the endorsements for one particular file jump up by about 20

each time :smile:

That's a big improvement from before where I'd likely only see 1 or 2 if any.

The game I'm mostly modding at the moment got in a new bunch of players with the recent release of a DLC so that's likely helping, too.

I don't mod for endorsements but it's nice to see people using it more, now :smile:

Edited by star-mystyk

Anyone else having double posts? I have to post via the forums, else I'd be double posting again. Additionally, is anyone else having issues with the notification system? I'll click on it and one of the two things will happen: 1. Notification window is completely white, nothing else comes up, and notifications are set back to zero. 2. Notification window comes up correctly then resets / refreshes after a few of seconds. The window then gives me the "No new notifications, recent files from friends", and so on. It could be Google Chrome or my internet messing up though, I don't know.

That new endorsement reminder thing works wonders. At first I didn't understand what I did when I saw that my mod went from 600 endorsements to 700+ in less than a week. Then when I downloaded a file and saw that (elegant) reminder, I understood. Sweet addition. Thanks.