Site updates: stability, premium donations, endorsements, downloading, apostrophes and full-stops

Dark0ne

Grr...

Directing users to the lowest-load server means getting stuck on one that's not busy because it isn't working. At least with the list if I pick an overloaded server it's my own fault, now the only choice is to retry relentlessly.

Yeah not enjoying this myself either. Every time I try to download anything, it redirects me to a server that isn't even working. So it just sits there at connecting, but never connects.

Thought paying a premium, I'd be allowed to use premium servers. But instead I'm being redirected to regular servers that don't work. It is extremely frustrating to say the least. Though I appreciate the new endorsement system, a lot of mods that I didn't realize I never endorsed. But the downloading from regular servers that don't work, as a premium member, is the frustrating part.

EDIT: Nevermind. Forgot to change my preferences to a premium server. All good now, sorry, ignore my rant. :tongue:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aint just NMM having issues with downloading. Clicked a manual download and was presented with 'no servers available'.

It's been over a year that we've been dealing with these issues. I can't count how many times I've set out to check out new mods and update ones I already have only to find the site performing very slowly, NMM hanging for long periods of time when editing mod info, failed downloads over and over and over again.. I just get fed up and leave the site until a later date and HOPE it's working then.

And here I am again, posting this comment after yet another scenario of this.

Needless to say, this is beyond frustrating at this point. "We're working on it." Yeah, you've said that for weeks, months, a year or two. It's still problematic, and at this point I wish the Nexus wasn't THE place to go to for mods of games because of it.

Also, this was probably already mentioned but it's not listed here in the known issues yet, but the apostrophe doesn't transfer over to NMM when downloading, it only shows the character code for it. Periods probably act the same way, but no file I've seen has used one.

Like the other changes for the most part. Manual selection of a server was useful due to issues some had at the time, but if this new method helps resolve those issues, then so be it.

I've been trying for several days now to try and redo my entire Skyrim mod collection, but it's impossible with the site the way it is. Your fileservers are all broken, and the new and "improved" way of manually downloading doesn't work at all. I live in Seattle and keep getting stuck with Salt Lake servers which I have ALWAYS had an issue downloading from (just get rid of Salt Lake servers and put some more ANYWHERE else. Seriously, anywhere. I would download from Europe over Salt Lake). Why don't you allow users to select a server anymore? I used to be able to select Seattle every time and not have a single problem. Now I can't even download Wyre Bash.

So have I noticed stability improvements? No. No, I most certainly have not.

Firstly, I really like the new endorsement feature. Like many others who have commented here it has helped me to realize that I failed to endorse files that I thought I had, and which are very deserving.

I am however also having problems connecting to servers. In theory I like the idea -- cutting down on server hogging, etc. However what seems to be happening is I keep getting connected to servers that eventually bring me to a crash page, I have to go back, and refresh until it works. In the past I would just select a different server when this would happen. Now I get connected to the same server almost every time, and consequently have to refresh probably 30-40 times before getting through to download the file. I'm sure in doing so I cause trouble for other people trying to get through.

Just some basic feedback...I know this is a new feature and you guys are trying to get it working as it should.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the steam sale. Definitely the wrong time to reinstall skyrim and a fresh mod list. XD

Edited by Senikaism

Grr...

Directing users to the lowest-load server means getting stuck on one that's not busy because it isn't working. At least with the list if I pick an overloaded server it's my own fault, now the only choice is to retry relentlessly.

Yeah not enjoying this myself either. Every time I try to download anything, it redirects me to a server that isn't even working. So it just sits there at connecting, but never connects.

Thought paying a premium, I'd be allowed to use premium servers. But instead I'm being redirected to regular servers that don't work. It is extremely frustrating to say the least. Though I appreciate the new endorsement system, a lot of mods that I didn't realize I never endorsed. But the downloading from regular servers that don't work, as a premium member, is the frustrating part.

EDIT: Nevermind. Forgot to change my preferences to a premium server. All good now, sorry, ignore my rant. :tongue:

That is Not A Rant.

That is a complaint of legitimate issues you are Many Others I am sure are dealing with.

I paid for Premium Life Time membership, which means that I should have access to a Premium Server.

It used to be selectable, I can see that option could cause problems and would drive the new methods being used.

Now I may have missed notification on my server preferences being set to non-premium servers, I don't know if there eve Was such a notification.

But the resetting of server selection for Premium members should be made more noticeable I would think for sure.

I have been Screwing With This For Days, talking to my ISP provider to see if there was a reduction of service in my area, resetting my browsers, trying New Browsers, Anything I could think of to fix an Issue that I Never Had Before that was caused by the resetting of the servers for Premium Members to Non-Premium Servers

Seeing Your Post, Is The First Mention that I had seen that the resetting of the servers for Premium Members to Non-Premium Servers Would Even Be An Issue that I had to manage.

So if there was notification of this and I think that there would have been because since I have been here the past 8 years as a member, Dark One has been very Good at letting people know what is going on.

So maybe I missed that notification that in the end has led me for the past several days to bang my head against a Brick Wall, :wallbash: that was Not of My Making but could have easily been fixed by me if the first thing some one is told to do to fix this issue is to check reset the default Non-Premium Servers to Premium Servers for those members.

So A Huge Thank You to You, SpyderArachnid for taking the time to come back and say what resolved this issue for you.

Because if you had not I would have Never Ever Thought of even looking for what was the root of the problem, which was the reset to default, to Non-Premium Servers of Premium Servers for those members.

So Kudos to you, SpyderArachnid. :wink: :smile: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Do not see any stability mentioned above in the article. The site used to be buggy when it comes to download, and it is still buggy. The new system worked for a few days but now it's down. Cannot download any file at all. So, no stability. Just usual working-in-good-weather, and today the weather does not seem to be good.

Correction. After ten or so F5s I was able to download a file from error page. Wonderful.

Edited by TKane