Site updates: stability, premium donations, endorsements, downloading, apostrophes and full-stops

Dark0ne

It would make no sense to endorse a file just for downloading it. If everyone endorsed every file they downloaded, the number of endorsements would just be the same as the number of unique downloads.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the new implement to endors, but seems that need a quick fix on a query:

actually i'm in skyrim nexsus, but seems that the pop up offer me also fallout nv endorsment mods.

for the rest i really like this new approch on downloads

In response to post #15711380.

Erm, which is exactly what there is right now, and Dark0ne also mentioned it in the article above. You already can disable the popup whenever you feel like it, or turn it back on again likewise, simply by an option in your preferences. Edited by DrakeTheDragon

In response to post #15660160. #15663120, #15664020, #15666490, #15666810, #15668080, #15668545, #15669105 are all replies on the same post.

@Tantalus010

I don't rely on using a mod manager to install a mod without saving the file on my second hard drive first. I'm old fashion. I hate the thought of doing it that way and a good mod has been taken down.

I admit that in the past I have forgotten to endorse a mod I do like. I did this when I had joined Nexus over 4 years ago. When I was on a superchage download spree downloading everything I liked and not taking the time to evaluate it and give recognition. That all changed when I stumbled into a topic of endorsements where modders felt unappreciated at times years back. I admitted it then that it was wrong on my part.

This concern isn't new, and perhaps I got hasty when I know Nexus is trying to do the right thing. Lets hope that it does help. Some modders out there feel like they deserve more credit. There's even mods that I think do deserve more credit, but that's based on one's judgement and when their mind is set, we can't do anything about it. It's up to them to decide.

I think a way to improve a modders endorsements could be taking the time to reply to people's comments. Followers also like to feel appreciated and not given the silent treatment. Reading the same comments of the same problem can be eye sore, I know, but these type of things rely on patience. If you are going to roll your eyes and ignore them, don't expect much in return. It's easy to turn someone down or classify them as stupid or retard if they didn't follow instructions. I've made simple mistakes just like everyone else who's accidentally skipped a line in a paragraph and find myself asking a stupid question in the comments. There are others out there that comprehend a certain language to a certain extent and find themselves asking questions to have a better understanding. This is a gobal site after all. A lot of people from around the world visit this site.

@b1gBadDaddy

I didn't check myself at the time if it was optional. When I wrote this I was going about the experience I was facing during the time before it was published. Only a few hours later is when I noticed this was up.

@Drake, it was already set to <never> for me. I haven't seen the pop-up during my time on Nexus today, however, I did get the notice while I clicked a manual download link to a mod. I think it works better like that. More tolerable for me. Edited by wickedGRL

In response to post #15711380. #15711475 is also a reply to the same post.

is not for me, becouse i like the new way that save me a lot of time to go back to mod page for endorsment.
but thank you for reply.

ps: anyway, i think the endorsmant must be related on a game you browse.

LOVE the Endorsement pop-up. I'm one of those people who goes out of their way to browse their own tracking and download history to give credit where it's due, but I still get mods that fall through the cracks. Very happy to get a reminder.

In response to post #15660160. #15663120, #15664020, #15666490, #15666810, #15668080, #15668545, #15669105, #15712380 are all replies on the same post.

@ tonycubed2: holy words, as always from you. :)

i don't know why people still complain an easy life!
i mean i'm not a modder, but if i'm using a mod a least i have to endorse it, this is what civilization tell us to do! nobody will force you to do, is something you have inside, the way to treat people that work for you with respect and friendship.
here is all free, but most of the people not.
give an endorsement is free, but someone have a little power to don't do that.
this long talking tread means only one thing to me: who is never happy make me sad.

In response to post #15655330. #15656215, #15656410 are all replies on the same post.

Thx for the endorsement reminder and I make sure to go and endorse the people who do a good job on MODs. Supporting these people by at least endorsing, is the least we can do and those who don't, run your game without MODs and see how that works for you.

I suddenly have much more endorsements. I never asked people to endorse, not even 'If you like it please endorse it'. Perhaps because I don't like most popular mods. However, endorsements do provide some feedback, if you know how to interpret them, and people are often lazy. I have never endorsed some of the mods I downloaded in the past, some because they were downloaded anonymously, some because of laziness.

I'd like that there is a better indicator which would help you when you are looking for a mod to download. However I can't think of anything else. For example, people would endorse mod with good custom weapons even if the quests are broken. When you download such mod, you are getting frustrated instead of relaxed,