1st person vs 3rd person

Burbinator

1st person vs 3rd person  

21 members have voted

1. 1. which perspective do you use?

• first person
    • third person

^^ as thread title. I use 1st person almost all the time because I like fps's, the aiming is better, and I think it makes the game feel more immersive. Just curious how others play the game, because the experience is very different imo.

Also, those clothing mods look interesting, but there's not much point unless you play in third person... and I would hate to be at a gameplay disadvantage just to see how pretty my character is...

thoughts? opinions?

Oops I didn't even consider the "both" option and now I don't think I can edit it in (if a mod could do it that'd be fantastic). The 3rd person camera seems clunky though. I've seen a few mods fix this, but which would you suggest? or is the default fine for most people

Hmm... If you're familiar with Oblivion camera, you get to control the view real time with your mouse. If you prefer playing first person shooter games like F.E.A.R, Far cry, etc... go for first person view, will give you the same experience. If you're very used to MMORPG games that uses 3rd person view, go for 3rd person and try this for better 3rd person camera http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=577

I don't think I can honestly vote for either since I use both so much

First: for accurate aiming

Third: for walking around

Clothing: Companions can look good without putting me at a disadvantage

If someone could make a mod which automatically switches between first and third depending on the situation (i.e, switching from the not attacked/hidden state to under attack/caution-danger state), I would explode with joy.