anyone still playing oblivion?

coyote_player93

hi, i where just wondering if there still are people playing oblivion?:D
Unknown. But based on the uploads, it seems like there are plenty still playing the Construction Set game. ;)

LHammonds

LMAO

I'm still playing both oblivion and morrowind whenever I have a chance to play.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've probably spent more time modding, downloading mods and utilities, and tweaking them and the game settings to my taste more than actually playing. I just installed OOO + MMM recently and am still getting used to the changes. I have to try different characters and difficulty settings to get the game just where I want it. I want enemies at my level just tough enough so I have to sweat a little, work the controls, and use the resources I have to to win, but I don't want to be killed in 2 hits either (unless they're just a much higher level than me of course). I'm close though, and my game has never looked or felt better thanks to all the awesome talent out there. Anyway, I guess you can say I play it sometimes, but it's usually just to playtest. Though sometimes I'll take a new character to a high level, enjoying the game along the way, and then go back to continue customizing.

Morrowind in the morning and Oblivion in the evening. Thats the control it has in my life.

Their freaking awesome. I am addicted. And I just got out of Elder Scrolls Anonymous. :biggrin:

The way I play is like this:

1. No cheats and no mods, just main quest

2. No main quest till all side quests are done (or most)

3. Cheat my butt off

4. Mod my butt off

5. Expansions and plugins and mod, with no cheats

6. Finally, no cheats playing side quests first, mods second, then main mission. Then anything else that I forgot.

The Fanbase is strong with this one. I'm sure this game will have 2-3 more years of activity or...

or at least till TESV is released....

and 3 years beyond.

what most people fail to realise is that this game is in its prime because of the time it takes for modding to mature. (not adult mods, but mature modding techniques and practices)

Its the quality of the mods that will keep these games alive.

And some interesting mods are still developing in Oblivion.

Heck there's even new mods in Morrowind.

You bet, Fliggerty keeps Morrowind floating like a new boat. He's a real game-saving hero. But... Oblivion is a different story. It presents less of a challenge than Morrowind and gets old fast. Sure there are mods like Empire's Glory, or Mako Dawn Mako Dusk that keep people in their seats waiting, and even 'Mature' Mature modding (Will not post any examples due to wanting to keep the innocent, innocent.). However, after that I don't see much in the horizon.

I see your point though, I'll give it 5 years. :wink:

Not anymore, even the shivering isles didnt keep me attached to it since fallout 3 and its mods came along.

Oblivion was and probably is still the best game ever and it will be to this day the most memorable game ive ever played, its more than a game to me, its an era, but fallout 3 just seems to have outgunned its interest to me, thats probably because i got to the mods for fallout before all the ones i got to for obvlivion.