Can someone PLEASE un-ADHD Dragons

chocolatenoodle

Nothing is more annoying than fighting a random dragon encounter outdoors and the stupid thing flies around attacking everything other than HIS SWORN ENEMY THE DRAGONBORN. And that includes the Holocaust. "This guy and his companion are shooting me with arrows, but I really just want to attack everything ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS HUGE RIVER."

If there's a mod that makes dragons more focused, I haven't found it yet. Infinite kudos will go to whoever can write a prescription for dragon-Ritalin.

EDIT: I've put my ideas for a solution in a separate thread devoted to a specific mod suggestion:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1823940-solving-dragon-adhd-by-making-them-scare-things/

Edited by chocolatenoodle

Mild OCD here, but Prozac is an anti-depressant not an ADHD med. Adderall, Vyvanse, and Ritalin are all common ADHD/ADD meds though.

And now on an actually intelligent note, I would love to have a mod to stop dragons from wandering off while fighting. I'm tired of getting them to 15% or so and then having them fly off over a mountain where they get distracted by flowers, trees, rocks, and eating frost trolls.

Dragon Combat Overhaul by Apollodown (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32597/) does that and more, making dragons WAAAAY more fun. if you want a stand alone module you could ask him how he did it. have fun and watch those DCO dragon limit breaks, they will get you.

Edited by Dracula420

Mild OCD here, but Prozac is an anti-depressant not an ADHD med. Adderall, Vyvanse, and Ritalin are all common ADHD/ADD meds though.

Fixed :tongue:

Dragon Combat Overhaul by Apollodown (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32597/) does that and more, making dragons WAAAAY more fun. if you want a stand alone module you could ask him how he did it. have fun and watch those DCO dragon limit breaks, they will get you.

I have DCO, still happens. Ran into a dragon outside Markarth and the stupid thing aggroed on wolves, bears, a troll, and even goblins from Immersive Creatures. There were mountains and a river separating us. I literally just opened the console, turned off collision, and ran to every random enemy and console-killed it in order to continue my "epic" dragon battle. DCO is awesome, but not a solution to this particular annoyance.

Edited by chocolatenoodle

For inside cities, there's Run For Your Lives which prevents the citizens from attacking the dragon, making you draw more aggro.

But strange that this DCO feature doesn't work for you.

It helps, but doesn't fix it entirely. I like what ApolloDown has to say about how dragons may still switch targets, because they're intelligent, but the fundamental problem that every hostile enemy within a mile has the chance to distract your dragon.