Obsession's Habit's lead to a question of Existence.

Deleted54170User

I had a thought occur to me that might be of interest on the subject of existence.

The subject of obsession and habits gave me cause to wonder about what it is like to obsess upon why I exist day to day.

"Obsession's and habits" is where my own wonder evolved.

There was a tiny living creature, barely the size of the point on a pin, that traversed a distance that may have seemed a very hard and long journey. It did so, so you, and everyone who lived and is alive today, could live.

The tiny little creature put everything it had into the effort to assure you and everyone that existed and exists today were born. One tiny little living, determined, cell. One out of a billion competitor's just like it may have only traveled a couple of inches in our measure of space and time, but to it that journey must have seemed like traveling across a universe to a galaxy to get to a great mass to engage itself and bond in a biological way with the object which dwarfed it in size like the Sun dwarfs a particle of dust on our Planet Earth.

Why do you think a billion little creatures would be so determined to make a journey to reach the point where one of us, twins, triplets, quint's, or more can become a newborn if there isn't any important reason for this life that we call existence?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get it. But if what I thought I'm right . . .

This could (85 % chance) lead into a debate about religion. Because the only possible (in general) reason of our existence is either :

- Something supernatural.

- Something scientific.

How can you deviate from the natural fact that this is the process of procreation? What is there to deduce other then the reference to the essential truth, that is, we are all born and because we were we are present. Our ship, as it may be called, had a greater capacity to manage the journey. That has more meaning than what all the religious theorem has to offer and no more than science has already concluded from extensive research as to how procreation works.

So focus on the question and conclude what qualities of human kind your vessel has presented to life already strengthened and give a reasonable answer as to what your skills, that condone what the reason's you have for being here, are.

Are you focusing on the quality of all your attribute's so you promote a healthy balance of all your mental and physical abilities?

Should you be focussing on yours as you progress so when the day comes when we all need those primed abilities so we are able to act upon the discoveries we make?

Your post is actually quite controversial. Not everyone shares the same believes as you do. I agree with Ancient Aeon, not a good topic to discuss about.

I wonder, "Are you saying you really don't understand how each of us is in some way most important in the scheme of life?"

I mean, I gather from what your words say, "You really don't understand why you should find out about every possible way you can give your body attention so your mind and body are as fine tuned as possible for a day in your lives when you will need every tiny bit of your mind and body to help you understand the reason we did all that for our self?"

yup we did... cause there was a black hole right behind us ready to spit us out into an unforgivable universe hence we travelled as fast as we could to the glorious safe haven where we could dwell and grow and become somekind of a giant, a universe of our own... sure there might be some gretaer cause behind all that annoyance but in the end we just ran for our lives, or flew, or swam or whatever...

prolly the reason many people like space sims so much, reminds us of our greatest victory :D

freud's perverted mind would most likely jump in joy if he could see wing commander lol...

Or, put simply, things will, and always have tried to simply exist and keep on existing driven by their own needs for food, safety and reproduction. It's only among those beings who are capable of being reasonably self-aware and able to regulate these own basic desires that anything such as an obsession or habit comes into play. Most habits and obsessions are just minor psychological quirks due to how we're wired. More specifically, they probably exist as an aberration of natural selection, forcing one group of creatures to behave in a different way of others to have either a greater or lesser chance of survival based on brain chemistry, heredity, or psychology. There's a deeper meaning at the bottom of your bowl of cereal than there is here.

Why do we exist? The answer is simple as that we, humans, will not find the reason. That is one question which will not be answered until you die and might not be answered even in afterlife. What can we do? Just try live our lives through as well as we can. Are we messengers of light or children of darkness to this world? For me it's nether we are nothing special just one race among many others who try survive in this harsh planet.

You can drive yourself mad by thinking things like these yet you never will find the answer.