No underwear!

MRYUCK

Alright, I got this mod here where I modified Golden Saint and Dark Seducer armor: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30060

I had to mark it as "mature" because for some reason, EVE armor re placer version of the Dark Seducer armor (which I have to use if I want to use the HGEC body) has no underwear! Is this a common issue? What's wrong, and how can I solve it?

In general, body replacer mods = nudity mods. There are exceptions and ways out around it, but the simplest way to get underwear is to use vanilla Oblivion.

I am not sure what your modding specialities are, but perhaps you could use blender to modify the armor model to include something like shorts, loincloth, or bikini bottom to keep things decent and still use HGEC body.

Well, the underwear is already THERE, I can see it in Nifscope. The problem is for some reason when you go into Oblivion, it becomes invisible. The Golden Saint armor has underwear, so it can't of been intentional.

Besides that, when I look at the original Dark Seducer armor that EVE made, the underwear IS THERE, but it's...PURPLE! D= So it's not finding the right texture or...something. Something is very wrong with the underwear.

I am not a modeler yet, and relatively new to retexturing. The purple underwear should not be too hard to fix. It sounds like the textures are not present in your directories, the model directs the computer to look for textures in a directory other than where they actually are, the load order is not right, or archive invalidation is not functioning as desired.

I am still pretty foggy on what causes invisibility. It sounds more like a bad model than a bad texture path.

Are you saying that there is not actually any nudity? You just have purpleness or invisibility? Or is the rendering of the nudity model replacing your armor model in-game? Underwear is part of the model of the vanilla undressed body. So if someone makes a different body shape or fashionable underwear, they have to replace the whole model with new legs and new underwear or lack thereof.

If you use a body REPLACER on your modding install matey (eg, HGEC, Roberts) you no longer have the underwear textures on your system (unless you use the underwear versions) and therefore the underwear will not show correctly. In theory, however, this is not a problem, because if the people who download the mod DON'T use body replacers, particularly if the mesh is still present (the purple shape sounds like it is, though that might cause missing texture issues for downloaders who do use body replacers) then the underwear will be applied to the armour in their game, because its not directly applied to the armour, as David said, its actually part of the body mesh.

Jenrai

Okay, let me clarify exactly what's happened. Keep in mind, I USE THE UNDERWEAR VERSION OF THE BODY MOD. Just to be clear. =D

When you put on armor, the armor replaces the ENTIRE area it takes up with a completely new body. So say if you put on a shirt made for Roberts female body, but you have HGEC body installed as your body mod, then when you put on that shirt you'll find the top torso becomes replaced with Roberts female body and the rest is all still HGEC.

When EVE made the armor, they probably used the NUDE version of HGEC to overlay the armor on. So they put the underwear over a nude area. So, when the underwear became invisible, it reveals what the underwear was overlaying, which was the nude part that EVE originally covered up. So, it doesn't matter if the BODY has underwear, once you put on the armor, it's guaranteed you WILL get nudity. D=

Now about the textures themselves, there IS no seperate texture for the underwear. The texture for the underwear is the same exact file the texture for the armor comes from. If you go into Nifscope, you'll see that. Nifscope shows you all of the textures, and where they come from, and in this case there is only two texture files used. One for the armor, and one for the skin of the body. So, it makes no sense that the underwear can't find the texture.

BUT! There is something VERY odd I noticed. If you've used nifscope, you know there is a little "pallet" thing, and by it is like "10 default" or "skin" or something of that nature, and if you press it you get 4 color wheels where you can control channels. You can also control the Alpha channel, and the glossiness. What's strange is...the underwear is under the "skin" option! o_O That's not right. It should be "Default" like the armor is. That is probably what's causing the issue, but I have no idea how to change that. I don't know if I even can.

Edit: YYYYES!!! I got it! I copied the "branch" that has the material that was supposed to be with the underwear ("material" apperantly is the name of that pallete I was talking about) and pasted it into the slot that contained the underwear mesh. It magically worked!!! =D XDD Thank you guys for listening, and thanks for trying to help. Now maybe my mod will be just a little more modest. XP

In Nifscope, if the Material type is "Skin", then Oblivion switches out whatever texture the mesh is pointing to with whatever texture is in your \characters\whatever race... folder.

Therefore, for instance, if the .nif points towards \textures\some texture folder\some texture.dds, but the material is "Skin", it totally disregards the \textures\some texture folder\some texture.dds texture in favor of \characters\whatever race texture.