What did you think when you played oblivion for the first time

Elsarian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just absolutely shocked by it the first time I played it, it was so beautiful :) I played the game vanilla for 2 years before modding it and now it's just oh wow....

• 1 month later...
my very first impression was: this sucks! the whole unlinear gameplay thing threw me completely off, i had no idea what to do and where to go. i also hated the idea, that my char might never become really strong because monsters are leveling up with me and that certain loot is not carefully placed in all those caves and temples. instead its completely random. on top of that i experienced really bad popups and early ctd's due to my lack of mod installation skills. but i really wanted to like this game, so i gave it another try later on. this time i read a lot modding manuals, tweaked the ini file, used mods that change certain game mechanics and was finally able to enjoy oblivion in its full, modded glory. bottom line is: tes4 is one of the most immersive games i ever played.

The first time I exited the sewers.. well I stood there for 5 min lookin around - best graphics ever - and after that I walked to weynon priory ;P

My first thought was: is this better than Gothic III? Yeah, I know, don't say anything. :biggrin: "This is going to be hard to learn everything about this new world", I said to myself. After few hours of playing, I said: this is the best game I have ever played! Since than (1.5 years ago) this IS STILL my favorite game

i really liked this game from the start i have it on xbox 360 and cant mod it but i still play it every night something about escaping real life into a more exciting world even just for a few hours and the graphics are so much better than morrowind.

I said: "holy sh*t, this game is awesome!"

note that I said that with all details low and at 640x480 in 1280x1024 monitor

the second reaction was

"What the f*ck is that purple thing high in the sky?"

I didn't patch my game (not even with official patch) simply because I didn't know about their presence. I completed my first playthrough being totally vanilla in all kinds of aspect, including that troublesome "purple sky after first coming out of sewer" thing, which the notes said "nothing we can do about it, load your game and it's alright"