Fallout 3 Underground? Help

Tominator93

You're typing too much.

Holy crap it's up to 30 "well thought out" posts. Talk about your subjective bull droppings. It might as well say "we'll give you access to the mods when and if we feel like it." I actually have an account there, IIRC when I created it, it said only five posts. Their elitist attitude kinda turned me off on the site.

Yeah... they seemed a bit full of themselves, but its their site, and their content, so I figure I'll try to contribute 30 "well thought out posts" (maybe I can check out a book on philosophy to help) and then just lurk and use their site to obtain content. I'll freely admit that I'm a fan of their mods, not an experienced critic, so I hope I won't be banned just because I can't write C++.

To hell with F3underground, F@##@ to every site that decides wether your good enough to download their stuff or not....and it isn't their content, they decide about who can downloads mods that aren't even theirs

Well what about those of us who dont have ripped content?

The site isnt about downloads honestly I have downloaded maybe 2 things since it started in September

Its a forum that happens to have some downloads, and it attracts alot of modders.

I dont think of myself as elitist or anything.

saying something intelligent 30 times is really that hard? I have 1,300+ posts

The whole "question" part is so that people actually read the rules and answer the question.

We have had to delete 30+ threads all asking "why cant I download things"

We are trying to create a community, and alot of people have become very profficient

with blender and nifskope once they start there. Doing everything from knives to armor.

The forum there is highly active and is just to provide help, the downloads are mostly

a result of what people are doing or trying to do.

So in summery, if you dont want to talk or be social, you are incapable of being intelligent

atleast 30 times, you dont want to contribute to a growing community.....

then fallout 3 underground is not for you.

You're typing too much.

Holy crap it's up to 30 "well thought out" posts. Talk about your subjective bull droppings. It might as well say "we'll give you access to the mods when and if we feel like it." I actually have an account there, IIRC when I created it, it said only five posts. Their elitist attitude kinda turned me off on the site.

Yeah... they seemed a bit full of themselves, but its their site, and their content, so I figure I'll try to contribute 30 "well thought out posts" (maybe I can check out a book on philosophy to help) and then just lurk and use their site to obtain content. I'll freely admit that I'm a fan of their mods, not an experienced critic, so I hope I won't be banned just because I can't write C++.

To hell with F3underground, F@##@ to every site that decides wether your good enough to download their stuff or not....and it isn't their content, they decide about who can downloads mods that aren't even theirs

Are they your mods? No? Then what business is it of yours? We don't decide whether someone is 'good enough' to use, or possess any of the mods hosted at our site, only who can use our bandwidth. People who upload mods there know that, and accept it. They will upload their mods wherever they want, so if a mod of theirs is available somewhere else, we don't care. Any mod that is exclusive to the Underground is exclusive because the creator wants it to be. What right do you have to have a problem with this?

Honestly, the idea that we're perceived as 'elitists' because we expect people to give as well as take is baffling. Do you guys really think it's such an affront that you can't get what you want, when you want, how you want it? Do you know what that says about you?

Everyone is welcome there, everyone can download our content, all we want is a contribution of some kind. Does this make us bad people? Does this make the Underground a bad forum? I mean really? Is the idea of giving something back so offensive? Seriously, that's as far as out 'elitism' goes. People who just want to use our bandwidth without helping the site out in any way aren't welcome, and in any other situation, most people would understand this and not vilify us.

Why are we the bad guys?

To hell with F3underground, F@##@ to every site that decides wether your good enough to download their stuff or not....

You must hate Ferrari then... Oh, and you must hate any site that has moderators... How bout Garry's mod? You hate that too... yeah, all you need is to PAY for it... but... you know, they are not giving you what you want for FREE like you seem to think your entitled to... Hmmmm... Lets see shall we... Why should they expect that people in their community should contribute? That would just be stupid... You are COMPLETELY right... I was stupid to think that they have a right to accept and refuse who ever they want, hell, it's not like it's their money and time spent doing anything... never...

Oh and stupid me for thinking 30 posts were so easy to get at a COMMUNITY site... Hmmmm... See THAT is what is wrong with you people, all you people whining about 30 posts... 30 post at what I just said was a community site... you don't know the difference between a community site and a download site... Sorry, stupid me, well KIDDYS let me explain for you... Now I may use some BIG words so I am sorry... If you need me to I will post the definitions of them for you... but anywho... Let me attempt this for you kids...

A download database is like the nexus, it's a great place that contains many files that people can download for ether free or for money... now this is not a bad thing... I am a premium member here... and so are many other people...

Now here is where it gets tricky kids...

A community site is a site for a community in which a bunch of like minded people get together and discuss the things they like... Most community web sites ether contain very few or no downloads...

Oh and here is a question, how would you like it if I moved into your neighborhood, took your stuff, rocked up for your Christmas party and took everything I wanted... and then left, not giving a poo about how much of a cost it was to you?

Yeah, but you don't care, your not getting what you want so you will ether ignore me and my post or you will find some way to pick at what I said just so I would look like a angel...

"F@##@ to every site that decides whether your good enough to download their stuff or not", No mate "F@##@" you and your silver platter, spoiled little brat attitude to anything that requires you to do something in return for once... I am glad we don't have you there, least I don't have to put up with your stupid "Me me me" attitude, honestly, why don't you go and try to make these mods your self as apposed to expecting that everyone should do it for you?

and it isn't their content, they decide about who can downloads mods that aren't even theirs

Well, this is true... to a point, yes, some of them are not theirs, but that is not what they are protecting... they are protecting their democratic right to do as they please with what IS theirs, the web site, the space and bandwidth of said web site and they are protecting something they have put a lot of effort and time into making, which is a community... If you don't like it then ignore it, don't even acknowledge their existence, because all you are doing is showing how petty and how self centered you really are in thinking that EVERYTHING should be given to you without you even attempting to give back...

@Everyone who wants to female dog about that site:

If all this makes them elitist then so be it, if that makes them assholes in your opinion, then that's great, that's your opinion... But in MY opinion, you need to find a hobby, bashing websites you don't like and bitching about them on other sites that have actually forbidden talk like this of any site... that is what losers and trolls do...

And before you start wondering, yes I am a member of that site, hell, I am a mod of that site, I will openly admit to it honestly, I am proud of it... I am also proud to be a member of this site too... Seriously, you all need to just get over it...

[This has all been my opinion and if I should be banned for it, bashed for it or trolled, then so be it... I don't really care what a bunch of people who have nothing better to be doing than bitching about something just cos it don't suit there wants! And also I am proud of my opinion and my community!]

-Kitten

Edited by nfckitten

That right there's the attitude that came through loud and clear on the site, and why even though I do have an account there and the forums are rather more active, I don't really bother with it and have posted maybe once, if that. You look down on everyone else, everywhere else, as if you are somehow better than they are. You've built yourselves an ivory tower and feel it right, nay, necessary, to spit upon those outside. You pretend you'll let anyone in, and that you're doing it to keep out the spammers and crybabies (Nexus has these wonderful people called Mods who handle that problem) but in reality, you just want to be able to control access at a whim without rhyme or reason.

Really, you see how many posts I have here. Obviously I have no problems participating in a community. It's just this attitude that you're somehow better than everyone else that really turned me away. I'd actually be less annoyed with it if you just came right out and said "If we don't like you, you're out." in your rules instead of making up contrived and subjective posting requirements. (Come to think of it if you did that you might have less problem with people whining "I have x posts! Why no download?!")

And that's where I'm going to stop. The Mods say we shouldn't be complaining about other sites here, but given some of the above posts that illustrate why I dislike Underground, I felt I had to try and point it out and elaborate a bit on the reasons for my feelings toward the site.

@evilneko,

I'm afraid i fail to see where you define the above comments as elitist? The site to which you refer is a private site. Specifically a forum, that happens to have some DLs available to members. I am a member there, and far more active there than here on Nexus, though most of my mods are posted here. The resources and active help of the members there have helped me improve my modding skills significantly since joining. As for your comments about the content there not being 'theirs'... most of the mods there were made by members there, who choose to host their mods there. Since they have to be members there to upload, one would think they were aware of the restrictions placed on access to mods they choose to upload there. Should they choose to post their mods there exclusively it seems to me they are doing it with the intent of restricting access based on the membership criteria. You apparently have a great passion for that site, or for its content at least. You could try reading the forums there (which is what the site is there for) and simply comment on topics which interest you, you might find yourself liking the place... but then, maybe not. Hopefully, you will either become a respected member of the community there, or you will loose your apparent passion for that site or its content.

@nfckitten,

LOL, and i thought your Wall O' Text rants on the U were entertaining, ROFL. Here's a cookie :)

Hengebobs

To sum this up... I joined 2 weeks ago... have been nothing but accepted? I... have no idea where this is all coming from, I just made posts like

"Oh yeah, that game's great... I had spent a month on it, kinda got old after.... that month but it was pretty good" I don't think that's all that thought out...

But it wasn't "THAT GAME RUELS :D" which... is the only thing they don't want there. It just takes a commitment that your not gonna up and leave as soon as

you hit 30. Hows that site? I haven't been looked down upon... No one antagonized me, infact, the only people that bug me are spammers.

I like this site because it's a download hub, I like the other site, because it's a community...

@EvilNeko

alright what have I done to be considered elitist? All I have asked of people is to be civil and follow the rules, if they are not willing to be civil back and insist on complaining about the rules then they are gone..... Its simple

The people there are like any where else, just people.... I am pretty sure like all websites you have people with a chip on their shoulder, but to base an entire site on that is wrong and misleading.

How have I or we isolated us on this Ivory Tower? How are we spitting or tossing insults on the other web pages?

If we wanted to control access then we wouldnt even allow people to register or even post, at the very least to become members.

It mostly feels like you are trying to spread slander about other websites and I would appreciate if you stopped. Almost like you are trying

to start a rumor mill to discourage persons from visiting that website, when so many posters even here are defending it.

I have to admit, I found a cool mod on the site and decided to make the required posts, get the mod and that's it. But I started look through the site and found out it's a great community. I found many tutorials and helpful posts there. I even uploaded a resource there, and will keep upload to as long as I have content.

Also, the 30 posts required isen't that hard. Just look through the forum and join the discussions. Help the people that have problems.

I think the forums is great because it's not that big, which makes it alittle more personal.

Quite frankly, and this will get me a lot of negative response but I am being honest.

Any person who is complaining and saying it is an elitist site is only saying so because the Internet has spoiled us. Every one of us at some point now think we have a RIGHT to any download out there. This is not so, especially on the Underground.

We are privileged to have Internet, let alone the ability to download things. So we are even more privileged to be aloud to download.

we are privileged there are games, privileged there are computer games and privileged there are tools to mod these privilieges.

We should all think ourselves lucky that people take time to mod games and to make games and to release their work. People, like the owner of the Underground, pay to host these files which people then download. They are paying money which they earned to host files.

If then people just come and download and download and download and leave. The bandwidth limit is exceeded and extra money has to be paid. Thus the post limit was placed to make sure that only members committed to the site can download the files people took time to make.

I had other stuff to say but forgot it :(