Lincoln's Repeater vs Ol' Painless

EliteKill

I personally like to stash ammo, chems, armor, and weapons in whichever house I take. I like to pretend that my character is saving up equipment that would be useful for the town if it is ever attacked. Seems like Megaton would have a hell of a lot higher chance to survive a siege if one of the residents, the most bad-ass resident in fact, were to stash a bunch of armor and weapons that the townspeople could use in a major crisis.

Food and chems are the same way, I never use food in the game, but my fridge is well stocked with food and liquor.

I like to stock up for retirement, I never eat pre-war food or drink booze, that's all for when I retire. :biggrin:

I personally like to stash ammo, chems, armor, and weapons in whichever house I take. I like to pretend that my character is saving up equipment that would be useful for the town if it is ever attacked. Seems like Megaton would have a hell of a lot higher chance to survive a siege if one of the residents, the most bad-ass resident in fact, were to stash a bunch of armor and weapons that the townspeople could use in a major crisis.

Food and chems are the same way, I never use food in the game, but my fridge is well stocked with food and liquor.

I like to stock up for retirement, I never eat pre-war food or drink booze, that's all for when I retire. :biggrin:

Same Here. I never eat that poo past a certain point because getting stimpaks is fairly easy, but i dont really sell it, and my backpack is usually stocked, so i stash it in the refrigerator.

same with weapons, i always have at least one of every weapon type that i can get my hands on, but some are fairly redundant(having a chinese assault rifle and a normal one, for example), so i stash the other at home.

I use painless due to the ammo, but carry the repeater as a backup for harder targets (conserving ammo for it)

Now once I run the pitt and get the ammo press... I convert all the spare scrap metal and ammo I got into ammo for the repeater (well balanced out between the three rifles I carry)

^^ you talk as if money were an issue in this game.

And the funny thing was at the time I had like 40 thousand caps and this time I already have 12 thousand caps XD

I think high powered, super accurate rifles are probably the best overall weapons in the game, especially for an ambush at any great distance. If you try to get in that all-important initial critical hit on a tough group or single enemy, you have to be fairly close to hit with all the shots in a burst, while a single shooter you can really lay into someone at a good distance. I have been banging around with a scoped, supressed, laser sighted S&W .44 (I love you Weapon Mod Kits, Bethesda you *banned* up by not including modification ability into the game) and a scoped, supressed hunting rifle, and laying waste to people with it. Great combo.

In vanilla with WMK, the autofire combat shotgun was by far the most powerful weapon. Run at people shooting it at their head and you could take out a whole base before they get more than a few shots out at you. You feel like an idiot and it ruins the gameplay, but that's the truth. Sniper rifles are more fun, I suppose, but they definitely lack the power of the autofire shotgun. I felt that assault rifles were absolutely useless in vanilla, really, just carry around a sniper and a shotgun. Bethesda is retarded by making assault rifle crit chance like .025x just because they fire faster. Unless you are pumping up the crit damage, which they didn't, then all you're doing is crippling that weapon; crits work by increasing damage by a percent, lowering crit chance just because a weapon fires faster is the stupidest reasoning I've ever heard.