Lincoln's Repeater vs Ol' Painless

EliteKill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have the pitt. Im just too lazy to go all the way there.

Yeah, me too. I tell myself I will go back and never do. The Repeater was my favorite weapon the first time I played the game. No way would I sell it. 20th cent mod spoiled me.

• 2 months later...

I personally like to stash ammo, chems, armor, and weapons in whichever house I take. I like to pretend that my character is saving up equipment that would be useful for the town if it is ever attacked. Seems like Megaton would have a hell of a lot higher chance to survive a siege if one of the residents, the most bad-ass resident in fact, were to stash a bunch of armor and weapons that the townspeople could use in a major crisis.

Food and chems are the same way, I never use food in the game, but my fridge is well stocked with food and liquor.

HAHAHA I do the exact same thing!

While LInolns Repeater packs more punch and has virtually no spread, it really comes down to how much 44 ammo you find or buy. For that reason, i never sell the repeater, but i use ol painless far more often

• 1 month later...

Which is better? I just finished Head of State on my new Small Guns character and I was wondering weather to sell Lincoln's Repeater and use Ol' Painless or do the opposite.

Lincoln's Repeater, without a doubt or a mod affecting it. Packs a whallop and it is extremely accurate. Only "downside" is that its uses .44 caliber ammo. Totally vanilla game, it might be an issue until you get to the Pitt. If you run the Gunslinger or Regulator mods, it isn't that much of an issue - an expensive issue, but at least not an issue where you cannot find the ammo.

Its totally worth the caps though. Its worth the trouble.

• 2 weeks later...