Broken Borders

Aurielius

I do believe one senator put forth that he could solve the current issues for less than 8 million dollars. Mostly to be spent on jet/bus fuel. Sure beats the snot out of 3.7 BILLION.

Their paymasters don't want it solved, all that lovely cheap labour and it's mainly the less well off who suffer from mass immigration, a group who can't buy your representatives attention as thus don't matter.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/11/Black-American-from-Baltimore-Where-Can-I-Get-Asylum as I've argued on this side of the pond, mass immigration hurts the poorest the most and if the left still had values rather than a slavish adherence to political correctness they'd oppose it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia annexed Crimea, why cant the US annex Mexico? Would certainly solve a few problems.... (and create a few others....) I rather like your idea. :D

Oh hell, both of you are pikers..if we keep on going south until we reach the Canal we will have a smaller border to defend....and a moat to boot....Pax Imperium Americae :dry:

JIMUK, there are those on the left who do recognize what mass immigration is doing to the poorest among us and who do oppose it. I for one have no slavish adherence to political correctness, but rather consider it an injudicious waste of time thought up in a desultory fashion by a group of self-satisfied, self-indulgent, possibly well-meaning folks who hadn't a clue about which they were speaking and the long-term ramifications thereof.

I, for one, do still have values which is why I still occasionally take the time to come onto these threads and say my piece. Although my opinions may differ from others, I do respect them and even sometimes agree with them. In fact, I agree with your premise that the paymasters do not want the immigration issue solved. In my original post I indicated that I felt the issue was probably beyond salvation. This was not because I did not think we could build a wall high enough or find enough guns to fight off all those young men, old people, women and children storming the barricades.

There is no doubt in my mind that if the "real" powers that be in this country "really" wanted this issue resolved they could get it done. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the subject has become so extremely politicized now that the American public actually believes that we have a say in what happens on our borders. I don't really believe it.

We are speaking here on this thread of immigration, but what about the other trafficking that is taking place across our borders? Human beings, drugs and pharmaceuticals, weapons, etc. I believe some of these go hand in hand with what is taking place on our borders. But it seems as though law enforcement is turning a blind eye to much of it, and I am not sure why.

I guess I have said enough for now...

Probably because someone makes some big bucks off of it Granny...... and passes it along to various and sundries so that they WILL turn a blind eye......

I suspect another reason this one doesn't get solved is, it makes a nice hot-button issue (like gay marriage, and gun control) to distract us from the larger idiotic things our government is doing.

@Grannywils I'm thinking more of those on this side of the water, in particular self loathing, middle class, white Guardianistas who most certainly have thrown their left wing values away and replaced them with a mindless adherence to political correctness. Mass immigration has driven down wages and living standards for the working class, it has caused much higher youth unemployment, it has put people out of work, yet mention any of this and you're branded a racist.

a lot of the problem really rests on this belief in expanding the Middle Class while not actually acknowledging the fact that we still have an economy based around cheap and abundant labor. The labor hierarchy is, and has been pyramid shaped throughout most of history... The only difference now is that we don't acknowledge the importance of the bottom tier and it is no longer comprised of slave labor. Although machining and automation has lessened the number of people needed in this group, those machines also require someone skilled enough to operate and maintain them while also having access to energy to run. With energy being more and more expensive lately, this portion of the labor base has also been more expensive, causing the current increase in prices even before transportation is taken into account.

This doesn't mean that you cannot have a lower class that still has access to reasonable education and social services, just that you cannot just blindly try and include everyone into the Middle Class, and tell them that they can start having more money for luxuries just because it sounds good.

@VAGRANT0, you seem to have hit the nail squarely on the head in your above post. We can go off in so many directions here that my head begins to spin. Although the subject of our thread is "broken borders" and is meant to be dealing with illegal immigration, the problem now sounds as if it deals with many issues, as least one being the labor pool, perhaps another being education of our poorer classes, and perhaps there are others.

The reason I said in an earlier post that I thought that if those with the "real" power wanted to fix this they would is because I believe it is much more expedient to utilize this font of poor, often non English-speaking peoples for those jobs that cannot be filled by even the poorest of Americans. We can get into another thread if you wish about why this is so. Lack of decent wages and working conditions are at least partially to blame. However, I am sure there are those of you with other opinions. Secondly, since it does not seem that we are willing to seriously consider raising the standard of even our most basic education in this, the most powerful nation in the world, we are rapidly developing a generation of illiterate youth. This is certainly true among a majority of those unfortunate enough to be schooled in the poorest neighborhoods, but it seems to be true amongst a large majority of American youngsters. I find it rather appalling when I listen to or read the writings of our young people today. Yes, there are exceptions, of course; and yes we have some who rise to the top. But I have no idea where we will find that bottom tier or even the middle tier that Vagrant0 speaks of. We do not want to pay to educate them. And we just keep on keeping the poor down, and bringing in more poor to take away what few jobs they have left.

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him should take a closer look at the American Indian"- Henry Ford

@Aurielius, I have thought and thought about how to respond to your above post and finally decided that the best thing for me to do is to remove myself from this thread. Thanks though for posting an interesting and thought provoking thread. I did enjoy it for awhile.