⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Broken Borders

Aurielius

Apparently you overestimate the legal understanding of most people or underestimate people's tendency towards stupidity. Sure, we'd have a more active congress, but we'd also have one that makes laws which conflict with eachother, cannot possibly be enforced, or which are highly situational. You know those listings of silly state laws? Those laws were made by people just like 'us', and give an example as to why opposite is not always better.

Actually, I wasn't saying we should rehydrate the constitutional congress, just that I was curious to see how it would function today, or, at least the basic concept. Although, I don't see any reason to assume that officials elected in that fashion would be lacking in legal understanding, and, or stupid. The same people that vote now would still be casting the votes (God help us all). Just look at the relics fat-catting in Washington now....Google quotes from Nancy Pelosi, John Conyers ( the doozy of them all, lol) to see just how bad the disconnect really is. The fact is that these relics spend decades developing their power spheres.....And they're not going to relinquish them without a fight of nation changing proportions.

If the people stand up and demand accountability, demand that the maid stream media stop being banner bearers of partisanship and re-develop some integrity...who knows?

Personally, I don't see EITHER party as representing what is "best for america", it's all 'what is best for my major campaign contributors'. The more money you have to toss around, the more political influence you have. This leaves joe average, you know, 85% of the population of the US, out in the cold. We have no say in politics, or, the direction our country is going. A recent poll found that only 26% of people thought america was 'headed in the right direction'...... a quarter of the population...... Sure, I can vote, but, who do I get to vote for? Who picks who runs? The folks with the money, that's who. We are playing against a stacked deck, and the 'authorities' are the ones that made sure it was stacked in their favor. Nothing will change, things will only get worse.

That "quarter" of the nation would also stand by the Obama, Pelosi, Reid and the divisive, side taking Holder (who recently spit in the face of the law enforcement organizations he is supposedly leading) if they walked onto their front yards in lock-step, dropped their drawers, squatted and defecated on their gardens.

Also, you aren't going to stop the money flow by limiting campaign contributions from corporations and others whom wield power.

Our system of government needs some serious tweaking. Perhaps a major overhaul.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you overestimate the legal understanding of most people or underestimate people's tendency towards stupidity. Sure, we'd have a more active congress, but we'd also have one that makes laws which conflict with eachother, cannot possibly be enforced, or which are highly situational. You know those listings of silly state laws? Those laws were made by people just like 'us', and give an example as to why opposite is not always better.

Actually, I wasn't saying we should rehydrate the constitutional congress, just that I was curious to see how it would function today, or, at least the basic concept. Although, I don't see any reason to assume that officials elected in that fashion would be lacking in legal understanding, and, or stupid. The same people that vote now would still be casting the votes (God help us all). Just look at the relics fat-catting in Washington now....Google quotes from Nancy Pelosi, John Conyers ( the doozy of them all, lol) to see just how bad the disconnect really is. The fact is that these relics spend decades developing their power spheres.....And they're not going to relinquish them without a fight of nation changing proportions.

If the people stand up and demand accountability, demand that the maid stream media stop being banner bearers of partisanship and re-develop some integrity...who knows?

Personally, I don't see EITHER party as representing what is "best for america", it's all 'what is best for my major campaign contributors'. The more money you have to toss around, the more political influence you have. This leaves joe average, you know, 85% of the population of the US, out in the cold. We have no say in politics, or, the direction our country is going. A recent poll found that only 26% of people thought america was 'headed in the right direction'...... a quarter of the population...... Sure, I can vote, but, who do I get to vote for? Who picks who runs? The folks with the money, that's who. We are playing against a stacked deck, and the 'authorities' are the ones that made sure it was stacked in their favor. Nothing will change, things will only get worse.

That "quarter" of the nation would also stand by the Obama, Pelosi, Reid and the divisive, side taking Holder (who recently spit in the face of the law enforcement organizations he is supposedly leading) if they walked onto their front yards in lock-step, dropped their drawers, squatted and defecated on their gardens.

Also, you aren't going to stop the money flow by limiting campaign contributions from corporations and others whom wield power.

Our system of government needs some serious tweaking. Perhaps a major overhaul.

Yes, yes it does, but, I don't see that happening. We have become far to complacent.

Anyone who dares to stand up is quickly demonized by, not only either political party, but also the press. They attack the person, not the message because they don't want the message to be known. So attack the person, demonize him/her, and the masses won't listen anymore.

Anyone who dares to stand up is quickly demonized by, not only either political party, but also the press. They attack the person, not the message because they don't want the message to be known. So attack the person, demonize him/her, and the masses won't listen anymore.

If the masses won't listen to the messager because others demonize him/her do you really think the masses deserve the message?