How long have you played your character?

Pineapplerum

I've played the same character since I started Oblivion. As a matter of fact, she was carried over from my Morrowind game on which I only used her there, too.

Is this odd or are there others who have been loyal to the same character? I've tried playing other characters but after a couple of days, I got bored with them and went back to my character.

Do you keep the same character? Have many characters that you're loyal to? Or do you just create them, play with them and then forget about them never really keeping any character significantly longer than the others?

What character was/is your favorite and why? Do you think this character or any characters are your alter ego?

My character started out as a young woman in Morrowind but by the time she arrived in Oblivion, I figured she'd have to had aged. So, I made her an older woman. She's definitely my alter ego. She has a lot of my personality traits except I'm not near as brave/strong or fit as she.

If there's an Elder Scrolls V, I guess I'll have to make her a really, really old lady. But then she'll be too old to go on adventures. I don't know what I'll do.

Anyway, tell me about your characters present and past. I love hearing stories behind the inspiration for creating them.

Whether I make tons of new characters depends on how the game strikes me. For example, in Guild Wars I made a character of each class, however no matter which game, if it's customizable I make myself a dark-haired goth girl, probably because I'd be a goth girl if I could, but I'm probably a little too old to pull that off, even if I do have the hair color going for me. :tongue:

In Oblivion I've used the same character for 3 years. Yes save games have been corrupted, mods changed here and there and the character has gone through many revisions.

First version, a Breton with Daeger's Cosmetic Mod: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/fms/Image.php?id=37341

Next version, a Gothic Breton with my cosmetic mod: (one on the right, which was a save game that I lost awhile back) http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/246/e/0/e0a89fdc917c03b5f32aa61a85ebf635.jpg

Next version, Gothic Breton: http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb261/SavageArtistry/screenshots/Celia.jpg

Next version, Gothic Breton. I liked this face so well I made sure to back up my saves.: http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/13/27/98/37/screen11.jpg

Current version, new unreleased race: http://i61.servimg.com/u/f61/14/01/66/48/oblivi12.jpg

My kleptomaniac schitzophrenic I've played for 156 hours.

My other 3 characters, 48 hours or less/more.

For my mentally deranged character, Godo, he's the last of his species and was driven mad by the thought. He's an 'annoying fan' of Sheogorath and worships him even when committing murder for the Dark brotherhood (instead of worshiping Sithis). He's a member of the Theives Guild and likes to harass the Grey Fox, and enjoys randomly punching Fighters Guild members and getting kicked out of the guild constantly. He hates the Mages Guild with a passion and will attack anyone who approaches him wearing one of their robes. His best friend is Brithaur in Crucible who steals from him, and who he steals back from. His enemy is Raminus Polus of the Mages guild. He likes to play cat and mouse with Hieronymus Lex and The Blades by stealing from them in a way so they can catch him and engage combat/chase, this behavior is actually a trait of his species and not of his kleptomania as his people attacked Ogres so they'd be chased by them (this supposedly trained their Athletics skill when they couldn't go hunting for some reason). He also likes to annoy Jauffre and Martin by stealing from them and waving the stolen item in front of them (another trait of the species, and not kleptomania). When not randomly stealing or attacking people, Godo likes to dungeon dive for loot and reads as many books as he can before throwing them at the nearest person. He also enjoys making poisons and hunting. Godo's people usually fought with tooth and claw as he does now and where also very skilled with making the deadliest of poisons which they used to contaminate enemy food supplies. Godo however likes dipping his arrows into the poisons he makes and shooting his enemies instead. He was born under the sign of the Lady, and certainly does not like it when people mention it. If someone sees him commit murder, Godo will respond by murdering EVERYONE who shouts murder and will only flee if his health goes below 100 (out of 600). He does not kill Townsfolk in the Shivering Isles, but will kill Guards and anyone outside of settlements. He likes to go hunting with Jyred Ice-viens, and always loots the kills. Godo also finds it amusing to listen to the Prophet and then attack him when he gets too loud.

It's never a good idea to shout MURDER around Godo!

I am very loyal to my characters. I've tried male and female Khajits, male and female Dark Elves, but I always return to my favourite Imperial male. You may call me sick, but 1st time i played Oblivion, in 2 or 3 months i spent around 300 hours, discovered almost every secret, dungeon or NPC. Everytime I get bored, i start with brand new Imperial. So, you can call me loyal. :rolleyes:

I've been playing my current character since I bought the game. I just wind up playing her over again when I've done everything. Her face changed a bit and the skin of course. I originally played her as a regular Bosmer but then decided to switch to a Bomser/Dremora halfbreed raised in the Deadlands and bought here. Try to give myself a challenge heh.

Whether I make tons of new characters depends on how the game strikes me. For example, in Guild Wars I made a character of each class, however no matter which game, if it's customizable I make myself a dark-haired goth girl, probably because I'd be a goth girl if I could, but I'm probably a little too old to pull that off, even if I do have the hair color going for me. :tongue:

In Oblivion I've used the same character for 3 years. Yes save games have been corrupted, mods changed here and there and the character has gone through many revisions.

First version, a Breton with Daeger's Cosmetic Mod: http://planeteldersc...ge.php?id=37341

Next version, a Gothic Breton with my cosmetic mod: (one on the right, which was a save game that I lost awhile back) http://fc04.devianta...61a85ebf635.jpg

Next version, Gothic Breton: http://i204.photobuc...shots/Celia.jpg

Next version, Gothic Breton. I liked this face so well I made sure to back up my saves.: http://i77.servimg.c...37/screen11.jpg

Current version, new unreleased race: http://i61.servimg.c...48/oblivi12.jpg

She looks really cool. I liked the second one down where she has those deep dark eyes. I think she looked so beautiful in that one. Lol, about you not being able to pull off the goth look because of your age even if you do have the hair going for you. That cracked me up.

My kleptomaniac schitzophrenic I've played for 156 hours.

My other 3 characters, 48 hours or less/more.

For my mentally deranged character, Godo, he's the last of his species and was driven mad by the thought. He's an 'annoying fan' of Sheogorath and worships him even when committing murder for the Dark brotherhood (instead of worshiping Sithis). He's a member of the Theives Guild and likes to harass the Grey Fox, and enjoys randomly punching Fighters Guild members and getting kicked out of the guild constantly. He hates the Mages Guild with a passion and will attack anyone who approaches him wearing one of their robes. His best friend is Brithaur in Crucible who steals from him, and who he steals back from. His enemy is Raminus Polus of the Mages guild. He likes to play cat and mouse with Hieronymus Lex and The Blades by stealing from them in a way so they can catch him and engage combat/chase, this behavior is actually a trait of his species and not of his kleptomania as his people attacked Ogres so they'd be chased by them (this supposedly trained their Athletics skill when they couldn't go hunting for some reason). He also likes to annoy Jauffre and Martin by stealing from them and waving the stolen item in front of them (another trait of the species, and not kleptomania). When not randomly stealing or attacking people, Godo likes to dungeon dive for loot and reads as many books as he can before throwing them at the nearest person. He also enjoys making poisons and hunting. Godo's people usually fought with tooth and claw as he does now and where also very skilled with making the deadliest of poisons which they used to contaminate enemy food supplies. Godo however likes dipping his arrows into the poisons he makes and shooting his enemies instead. He was born under the sign of the Lady, and certainly does not like it when people mention it. If someone sees him commit murder, Godo will respond by murdering EVERYONE who shouts murder and will only flee if his health goes below 100 (out of 600). He does not kill Townsfolk in the Shivering Isles, but will kill Guards and anyone outside of settlements. He likes to go hunting with Jyred Ice-viens, and always loots the kills. Godo also finds it amusing to listen to the Prophet and then attack him when he gets too loud.

It's never a good idea to shout MURDER around Godo!

Your character is funny. He sounds dangerous but cute. You say he's of an almost extinct species-he must be lonely. :(

You really know your character very well. My character is some what of a goody-goody in the sense she'll only kill someone if provoked. If she does have a killing spree, the game isn't saved so it's more like a killing spree dream she had.

If my character ever meet Godo, tell him she's a good person and that he should be nice to her. She doesn't want to have to kill him for his bad behavior.

200 h + With my dark elf, also my first character.

I don't know how many hours I've played my character. I've played her a lot but didn't save the game because she killed a lot of people or really messed up a mission of some kind or another or one of her companions died (before resurrect mod) or got lost and I didn't want to go on in the game with out them.

Blackerr, so it's not one character but a race you're loyal to? I like Nords. I guess it's because I like the cold and snow. Plus, they seem tougher and more resiliant than other races. When I first started playing the game, I racked up a whole lot of hours on the game, too. I'm sure the hours I've put into this character just for Oblivion would be about 1 grand, if not more.

Illiad, I never changed anything about my character but some mods that changed her body and the wrinkles on her face.

You play her over again and start the game new? I've never done that. She's been one long continuation from Morrowind. If that's her in your avatar, she looks pretty. Although it's hard to tell because she's somewhat small.

Ramero, welcome to TesNexus/forums! Oblivion will have you addicted in no time. If you're a sane person. And you'll love it even if you're not sane! :teehee: