DRM Software

Rixirite

Has DRM software gone too far?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think DRM has gone too far?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I won't buy one. I won't be punished for someone else's criminal activity. I bought AvP recently, but when it arrived, I found out that it required Steam. If I wanted Steam, I would have it installed already and bought the game through it. A game on a disc should NOT require a 3rd party application to run. I sent it back unopened and got a refund. I was going to buy Assassins Creed 2, but again, on finding out about the ridiculous DRM, I decided not to bother. AvP was a real pisser as I'd been really looking forward to playing it. Now, those game manufacturers/publishers have lost a customer.

Man, f*ck DRM, I own Modern warfare 2 for about a week right now and I can't play it cuz my internet stick has a problem and so the internet on my computer isn't working. So I can't install modern warfare 2 cuz steam isn't working...THAT really sucks..

I watched a program about the subject, it was music instead of games. Theese people had this attitude, that this music on the internet was there FOR THEM. FOR FREE. When ask what should the artists do for the living if they got no money, they answered back that it was not their problem. If they had no more money to make music, there would be others. This way of thinking I am afraid we will see more and more. Selfish, and when subject is used, find another one. We need a radically change in the way of thinking within this group of people, that by the way range from 17-45 years. It is not just young people that are doing this.

I admit that I am a pirate and I am not ashamed by that but what Balagor said is true for the worst of us, of the pirates. Actually most of the pirates (like me for example) download games so we can test their full potential without any limits which demo places and if we like it we buy it. If not we'll just delete it. Simple. Reason why we buy them? That is simple to answer. We wish to support the game makers so they can make more awesome games and same goes to the music too. Most of the pirates I know think like wise as I. We are not bad people actually only the minority is who gives us in whole bad name.

About DRM I have given out my answer already.

Time to walk the plank for you. Goodbye.

AS

Actually most of the pirates (like me for example) download games so we can test their full potential without any limits which demo places and if we like it we buy it.

I'm not going to ban you, but this is where this particular discussion ends.

*edit* sorry, someone beat me to it.

Edited by Vagrant0