Does time exsist?

Keanumoreira

Time is an additional measure invented by human to help him understand physical processes )) and yes, people have always been interested in how long their lives could last - and many things are associated with this thought. So time can't exist without human )) if there is no human, who will care about time?

Did you miss my post or something? Time as a measurable quantity exists divorced from the measurements we apply to it. To say just because our means to gauge and measure time is a construct and therefore time doesn't exist is like saying distance doesn't exist. How does that make sense?

Time does exist but we can't see it in the way we see other objects. In fact we are living in time right now. In the fields of science (math and physics) time is considered the fourth dimension and have you ever saw a 4-D object in your life?

This question above us first appeared in Greece over 2500 years ago but science today seems to disprove that for the moment.

How is it possible to perceive 4 dimensional objects in 3 dimensional space? Just like its impossible to create 3 dimensional objects on a 2 dimension plane (like a piece of paper), you can't model, say, a tesseract, in 3D.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I said mate :wink: and it was stated as retorical question. You can draw 3-D objects on paper or make them out of a stensel but we live in the time dimension and unless you can force 6 cubes together to form one cube there is really limited things that science as a whole could do to show 4-D visually. We cannot see what is beyond 3-D but we know that there are other D's out there and we can't see them but we can prove them with math and it will take a lot of math to solve it.

Time is the 4th dimension. At least, according to string theory. This rather excellent little video explains string theory rather nicely: http://gajitz.com/mind-bending-science-visualizing-ten-dimensions/

You may have influenced my career path with that video....

Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it.

Dyus of the Shivering Isles.

Ahhh... quantum physics! Nothing exists in quantum physics.

Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it.

Dyus of the Shivering Isles.

Ahhh... quantum physics! Nothing exists in quantum physics.

This thread is going over the minds of the common peoples, isn't it....

I can see in 6-7 posts, everyone talking about infinite potential wells and solving Euler's Methods. Seriously though, we should drift back to WTF time is.

We have a new thread for string-theory and physics. Let's talk about time on a simpler level.

Anyone heard of A-series, and B-series theories of time?

Here's a College paper on the matter. Plenty of sites to go to, but the Java Exploit has me discouraged on surfing the web lately. This PDF doesn't really explain what it is though...

• 6 months later...

even without the movement of time as we know it. the world may not turn, but you will still age.

Sorry but aging is one of the parameters of time. No time, no aging, no existence, neither of organic nor of anorganic material cos their will be no more chemical action. A one-dimensional point-set and nobody to view it.

even without the movement of time as we know it. the world may not turn, but you will still age.

Sorry but aging is one of the parameters of time. No time, no aging, no existence, neither of organic nor of anorganic material cos their will be no more chemical action. A one-dimensional point-set and nobody to view it.

lol yes fair enough, looks like i wasnt quite thinking that much at the time i wrote it. but hang on though, i think you may have read more or less than what i actually meant, i dont know.