Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

what about slow\buggy service? I couldn't even log in and when I finially could, FREAKING NEXUS MOD MANAGER S!@#@^ MY SKYRIM MODS THAT I DOWNLOAD RIGHT AFTER I UPDATED THE THE NEWEST UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for yelling its just that I don't want to redo all the mods I downloaded

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #17291169.

In order to guarantee 1MB/s for each download with our current fileservers we need to have a maximum of about 100-110 connections to each server. They have a gigabit connection so the bandwidth is saturated after that many connections and everybody's speed decreases. Now consider we have peaks of 350-400 connections on every server and you will understand why you are downloading slowly. (Obviously as an ISP guy you will know the bandwidth available will not decrease linearly because of the losses between layers, protocols and inefficiencies. Double the amount of connections and you have less than half the available bandwidth. Three times as many connections and it goes down by a lot.)

If we were trying to cripple normal users to push them towards a premium membership, then why would we even bother with the new CDN download system (that hopefully will solve these problems)? Feel free to go on and try it, if you haven't already. Edited by AxelDominatoR

In response to post #17291169. #17415074 is also a reply to the same post.

Actually, Steam Summer Sales, and GoG Summer Sales have a tendency to bring a TON of new players to games, and some time after that summer sale, once they have beat the game once, they will come looking for mods, because they know they exist (by now, everyone and their mother knows about modding for TES). This causes a massive (relatively speaking) amount of new users to come here, and download their mods. And which mods are they going to download? Those from the Top 100 list - and lots of them.

So no, it is not far fetched that a huge amount of new registrations caused this, and it is indeed a fact that this is the case.

And yes, the new CDN servers gives a great boost to the speed, both for Premium and non-Premium. This will become the standard once it is out of the experimental state.

@Melon Nexus is not opened by your game - I'm guessing you mean that you cannot open the Nexus site that hosts the mods for the game you want mods for?

I don't see a game named Dr. Who in our 119 supported games list.

You will need to close the game to download mods or to manage the mods.

If you are going to use the NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) you need to install it to your PC first.

Is this a game? then I need the exact name.

or a mod? then I need to know what game the mod is for as well as the exact name of the mod. With well over 100,000 mods here I can't just guess.

If you mean you cannot use NMM to manage the game - again, not every game is managed by the NMM.