Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

First off, let me say I appreciate the site and what all the admins do for us, before I get into this...

HOWEVER, call me cynical (or a conspiracy theorist), but I have to call BS. Mostly because I'm having a difficult time believing that "all of the sudden" myriad new users are joining the site and it's causing an impact on download speeds. I just don't see them all playing, downloading, and modding all at the same time. Speaking as an IT professional, as much activity as this site had before, it still performed, and it seems the load balancing/mirroring/whatever that was in place must have been working astonishingly well at the edge of failure, for only another 10-20k new user registrations to now "break" it. Besides that, it's still SUMMER in most of the game-playing world.

I would bet a lifetime premium membership that these "slow download speeds" are now going to be the NEW NORMAL for non-paying members. Which is fine, it's just going to force me to become a premium member (which I believe is the intention). But, I hate when I feel people are not straight-forward, and I have a nagging suspicion that the proverbial wool is being pulled over our eyes. Having worked in IT for many years at the ISP level, this all smells of classic "bandwidth throttling" to me. The slow speeds are just too consistent for it to be load problems, otherwise speeds would vary greatly.

If I'm at all correct, just tell us, "hey, we're going to throttle download speeds for free members as an incentive for people to become Premium members," and though I may not like it, I would understand your reasoning in it, and at least I could respect you for telling it like it is... Agree or disagree, malign or support me...do what you will, this is my $.02 and as always, YMMV.

Once again, nothing against the site or the admins, I've had lots of fun and pulled out lots of hair trying to get my fully-modded FO3 stable (which is more a journey than a destination, it seems). I will continue to frequent the site, though, and now look at becoming a premium member since I newly acquired NV for PC, so I'm just stating what I think...

Keep the shiny side up!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #17257874.

Wow , are we flaming here ?
10 outta 10 .. yup the site ran fine for a long time now an influx of NEW subscribers , are you new here ? huh ?, now the site is overloading , not a bad thing because players are recognizing pc gaming abilities suddenly , it will get worked out , most of us have been though alot in the past 2 and a half if not better years of Skyrim and even longer on the other nexus content and we are still here .. relax be patient , its free game content Edited by adamocelot

In response to post #17264784. #17269134 is also a reply to the same post.

Indeed , I have over 3k hours on skyrim , purchased back in 2011 . probably the best spent 60 dollars ever for me , and due to this site keeping that game alive

Though, my family thinks I am a nut job at this point I am still having fun .... Edited by adamocelot

In response to post #17325099. #17333589, #17334334 are all replies on the same post.

confirmed, i think.
while trying to upload picture(s) the last 2 days:

Error
The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

No file was uploaded. [2]

EDIT:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
--->fixed.
all fine now. thx it was just a temporarly thing again. Edited by dfh5wkl45n