I'm having trouble getting OBSE to work.

tawney

So I just downloaded the "stable" version from this site ( http://obse.silverlock.org/ ) and followed the readme installation instructions. But when I run the loader from either my desktop after updating the shortcut or from the obse_loader.exe I get an error saying "You are using the 1.1.0.425 beta patch of Oblivion, please upgrade to 1.2.0.416." So what do I upgrade, and how? I just want to install OBSE so I can use certain mods... But it's really confusing me. And if I do upgrade the the patch what sort of things will it effect? Will there be any difference at all in the game or my mods, and will I need to perform a clean save for all my saves?

So I just downloaded the "stable" version from this site ( http://obse.silverlock.org/ ) and followed the readme installation instructions. But when I run the loader from either my desktop after updating the shortcut or from the obse_loader.exe I get an error saying "You are using the 1.1.0.425 beta patch of Oblivion, please upgrade to 1.2.0.416." So what do I upgrade, and how? I just want to install OBSE so I can use certain mods... But it's really confusing me. And if I do upgrade the the patch what sort of things will it effect? Will there be any difference at all in the game or my mods, and will I need to perform a clean save for all my saves?

That's bad news, there is a serious issue with be beta patch for Shivering Isles that forces reinstalling oblivion before installing the newest version. I don't know for sure is it's the same with the beta for Oblivion.

Anyway, if you have only Oblivion you must download the Oblivion 1.2.0.416 patch, this can be made from the Bethsoft official site. To be on the secure side uninstall the game and install it again before applying the patch, unless your version is already that and if so you may attempt to patch directly and hope it will work.

Now, if you have SI (Shivering Isles) you do need only the patch for it, BTW you don't need the Oblivion specific patch, just the SI for your region (language) patch with that same number (1.2.0.416).

That's all, OBSE, and many other mods, will not work until you do the above.

Yeah, and you can safely use the 18.6 beta version of OBSE.

• 4 years later...

Okay im having trouble getting obse working. ive installed oblivion and then the expansions. This is a pc version, of elder scrolls oblivion 5th anniversary edition, with oblivion, knights of the nine and shivering isles. It has 3 disk. disk 1, oblivion. disk 2. expansions and disk 3 bonus materials.

Now after I installed that. I go on the site www.obse.silverlock/org. and download it that way. save it and place the right files into the oblivion folder location. I used the video " how to download and install obse for oblivion w/commentary.

Now it either says you need to upgrade to 1.2.0.416 instead of 1.1.0.425. I'm so confused? if not that It says. Your not running it from the folder. now get this. I go into the folder and click that way on it and hit run, it works. copy and place on desktop. doesn't. What the hell is going on?

"

OBSE will only work with version 1.2.0416 of the game (the latest version). The version number is shown in the lower left of the main menu screen. If your's doesn't show 1.2.0416 then you'll need to download the patch from either the Bethsoft site or from the Official Oblivion 12416 Patch page. Be very careful selecting the correct patch file no matter which download site you pick ... language version and whether or not you have Shivering Isles installed.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The official patches (such as those from the Bethsoft site) are very specific to both language version of the game and whether or not you have the Shivering Isles. For the non-SI patches there are two different English versions ... one for North America and one for Britain (there is only a single English version for SI versions of the game). You must use the correct patch to match the version of the game you have.

When properly patched the game will display version number 1.2.0416 in the lower left of the startup menu screen.

Edited by Striker879