Israel, and Gaza.

HeyYou

I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one look at the situation from the begining to the end. Not edit it to fit a separate narrative. You can try to diminish to rockets as much as you will. The fact that their use ensured reprisals and the fact that these Palestinians fired them inside a populated area knowing that these areas would be hit is cowardly and shows a complete disregaurd for those people living in that area.

I suggest those who think they are fireworks go over there light one of these sparklers and stand infront of a camera, so we can see what damage fireworks can do to a body.

This point always gets repeated: that Hamas et al are morally reprehensible because they launch rocket salvos from populated areas. Have any of the people who've said this ever taken a look at Gaza? Even a youtube video tour? There is nowhere you can fire a rocket out of Gaza that isn't in close proximity to civilians. The place is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. They live on-top of each other like rats and they're pissed off at the generational humiliation they receive from Israel. If I were Gazan, you bet I'd want to take revenge on Israel. Even if it means firing a roman candle across the border, or mooning my ass at a border guard; they would have to kill me before I give up.

Yes, it is, I do believe it is in the top three.... However, there is still large areas that are agricultural/undeveloped. Doesn't matter how you try and paint it, Hamas is MAKING SURE civilians are casualties of their war.

Are you denying the agency of the Israelis? I'm pretty sure the responsibility of destroying an area lies with the person who launched the missile on that particular area. The Israelis have the choice to decide whether to bomb a civilian area. Instead they act like cry-baby children and overreact everytime some firecracker lands on a sidewalk 20 miles from Tel Aviv. Keep trying to shift the blame on a raggedly bunch of half-starved rebels playing jihad and deny the contribution of the sophisticated Israeli military machine to what's happened in Gaza.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one look at the situation from the begining to the end. Not edit it to fit a separate narrative. You can try to diminish to rockets as much as you will. The fact that their use ensured reprisals and the fact that these Palestinians fired them inside a populated area knowing that these areas would be hit is cowardly and shows a complete disregaurd for those people living in that area.

I suggest those who think they are fireworks go over there light one of these sparklers and stand infront of a camera, so we can see what damage fireworks can do to a body.

This point always gets repeated: that Hamas et al are morally reprehensible because they launch rocket salvos from populated areas. Have any of the people who've said this ever taken a look at Gaza? Even a youtube video tour? There is nowhere you can fire a rocket out of Gaza that isn't in close proximity to civilians. The place is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. They live on-top of each other like rats and they're pissed off at the generational humiliation they receive from Israel. If I were Gazan, you bet I'd want to take revenge on Israel. Even if it means firing a roman candle across the border, or mooning my ass at a border guard; they would have to kill me before I give up.

Yes, it is, I do believe it is in the top three.... However, there is still large areas that are agricultural/undeveloped. Doesn't matter how you try and paint it, Hamas is MAKING SURE civilians are casualties of their war.

Are you denying the agency of the Israelis? I'm pretty sure the responsibility of destroying an area lies with the person who launched the missile on that particular area. The Israelis have the choice to decide whether to bomb a civilian area. Instead they act like cry-baby children and overreact everytime some firecracker lands on a sidewalk 20 miles from Tel Aviv. Keep trying to shift the blame on a raggedly bunch of half-starved rebels playing jihad and deny the contribution of the sophisticated Israeli military machine to what's happened in Gaza.

Taking a snapshot in time of a situation transpiring far into the past does not provide and accurate picture of anything except for what the photographer desires to be seen.

@MajKrAzAM

Firecracker? This attempt to minimize rocket / mortar fire leads me to only two possible conclusions:

1) An intentional misrepresentation designed to excuse Hamas from any culpability.

2) You have never been on the receiving end of 'Incoming', hence being unaware as to the potential lethality of that type of attack.

http://i.imgur.com/roSxpHs.jpg?1

The general rule of thumb in most all current military doctrines, when under incoming indirect fire, silence the weapon asap.

If Hamas does not want to invite return fire, then stop firing..fairly simple.

Israel gets about 3 billion per year in military aid, which, by treaty, they are REQUIRED to spend on armaments.... which they purchase from US companies...... Basically, it's corporate welfare for the defense industry. Given that their economy is doing better than ours..... I should think that we would stop giving money to folks that don't really need it.....

That said, both sides have their issues. This particular little problem won't be resolved until one side, or the other, are completely wiped out.

@MajKrAzAM

Firecracker? This attempt to minimize rocket / mortar fire leads me to only two possible conclusions:

1) An intentional misrepresentation designed to excuse Hamas from any culpability.

2) You have never been on the receiving end of 'Incoming', hence being unaware as to the potential lethality of that type of attack.

http://i.imgur.com/roSxpHs.jpg?1

The general rule of thumb in most all current military doctrines, when under incoming indirect fire, silence the weapon asap.

If Hamas does not want to invite return fire, then stop firing..fairly simple.

Compared to what the Israelis are using, the Palestinians are using bottle rockets. Hamas’ arsenal poses a negligible threat to Israel’s population. It's arsenal is considerably smaller from 2012, owing to the Egyptian government's decision to halt weapons smuggling (as it sees Hamas as an extension of the Muslim Brotherhood).

The number of dead in Gaza resulting from the Israeli assault has topped over 2000, mostly civilians. The number of wounded Palestinians is over 10,000 including a lot of children. At what point do the numbers of dead and wounded justify self-defense? 10,000? 20,000? At what point do Palestinians have the elemental right to protect their families and their homes?

Their resistance is mostly symbolic, as makeshift rockets cause little damage. The ultimate fate of the Palestinians is sealed. So, the ultimate question then is, do Palestinians have the right to symbolically resist slow death punctuated by intermittent aerial slaughters, or must they lie down, submit, and let the Israelis finish them?

The palestinians are the ones that put a labeled terrorist organization in charge. Part of their goal is the destruction of Israel. So, should Israel allow them a free pass to bring in whatever they want? So that it can then be used against them? Should Israel simply ignore the attacks that DO kill folks in Israel? Got news for ya bud, if you fire weapons at me, I WILL fire back. I don't care if you are only shooting a BB gun, I will drop you where you stand, with all the force I have available. It DOESN'T MATTER that Hamas has zero hope of ever achieving their goals, they are a GOVERNMENT (albeit, not a good one) that is ATTACKING their neighbor. If they expect nothing to happen, then they are friggin' delusional.

But then, what happened is EXACTLY what they EXPECTED to happen. They WANT civilians killed. They WANT awful pictures of wounded/dead/distraught civilians, because that plays well in the press, to garner sympathy for them. Why else do you think they declared "victory" after getting thoroughly trounced? And what is even stupider is, Hamas is even MORE popular now. (in Gaza at any rate....)

It is SOLELY HAMAS responsibility for the dead. They were offered the EXACT same thing for a cease fire, over a month ago. They refused. More people died. Expecting Israel NOT to retaliate for ANY attack is beyond ridiculous. Doesn't matter who it is, if you start a fight where you know you are going to get your butt whooped, and start the fight anyway, how is that your opponents fault? Your logic is truly baffling.

That said.... Yep, the ultimate fate of any 'palestinian' nation, is to be absorbed into greater israel. NEITHER side wants peace. BOTH sides want ALL the land. As Israel significantly out-powers the palestinians, in multiple ways, it really isn't hard to see the end result. Barring some truly unusual turn of events, it is all going to end up being Israel in any event. Israels actions RIGHT after the cease-fire was put in place show that. Personally, I thought that was one of the stupidest things Israel could have done at that point in time..... Exhibiting the very behavior that got all this brew-ha-ha started in the first place.

The first mistake was the creation of Israel, without the consent of those that were currently living there..... It has been a comedy of errors since then, with no end in site. There won't be any peace there, so long as both sides exist.

There won't be any peace there, so long as both sides exist.

Hmm, I would advise caution here. Some people will likely think "hmm thats a good idea, nuke em" ...slighlty joking of course but experience shows there are people who will believe that.

However, lets take a hypothetical case where the israelis and palestinians "vanish" overnight. What do you think would happen? Do you think we would declare the region a "Cultural Heritage Site" open for Everyone? much more likely the surrounding nations will claim territorial rights which at present time may well lead to conflict. The other Powers of the world will see this as a very welcome "shuffle" of cards and they will begin to use their usual "Political Poker Game" actively contributing to any form of chaos, in the best interests of their nations of course.

Lets say only one side "vanishes". If the Palestinians go, well you can bet that the arab world will blaze in uproar with conflict following. If the Israelis go, well America at the least would not want to lose its base in such an important strategic location and they would act...needless to say that conflict will follow.

So no...even if there were a way, that would be no solution.

Edited by Arcadiast

This is insanity based on images of devinity that were created out of fear. What is created from fear will spawn fear and will only loose that pedigree through understanding. Those that prosper from this fear and gain power from that prosparity will nurture that fear so at least they can survive. The rest of the world is on it's own.