Huge Mods

BlackerrR

Recently, I installed 1MB DSL on my computer, as I said above, so no modem anymore. :biggrin:

And I tried few downloading programs, but they are too slow. I'm using Opera (latest version finally) and it works perfect. I think I already dled 400+ files. :rolleyes: While I was using modem, I had Opera 9.0 version, I guess that was the problem. I don't like FireFox too, I'm just using it in times of need.

Thank you all!!

Ex-Firefox user here and I can verify that it is just getting slower with every release they hit you with (Which is rather often and annoying).

I do not like opera or internet explorer.

I dont like IE Explorer because it is inefficient and and cluttered, as soon as you install 1 bloody program it slaps toolbars all over the place.

Opera, come on the name is gay :P

I currently use Google Chrome and it is probably the best I have used so far, fast and effective. It does need a faster computer than the others due to each tab using around 60mb ram each and running on separate processes but it is great for everything else. Not a bad download manager and start page either.

Thing I like most is the Incognito Mode, it hides all the bad stuff from the missus :tongue:

imo you will be fine with either of these browesers, Welcome to broadband....hope you never picked AOL :blink:

Ex-Firefox user here and I can verify that it is just getting slower with every release they hit you with (Which is rather often and annoying).

I do not like opera or internet explorer.

I dont like IE Explorer because it is inefficient and and cluttered, as soon as you install 1 bloody program it slaps toolbars all over the place.

Opera, come on the name is gay :P

I currently use Google Chrome and it is probably the best I have used so far, fast and effective. It does need a faster computer than the others due to each tab using around 60mb ram each and running on separate processes but it is great for everything else. Not a bad download manager and start page either.

Thing I like most is the Incognito Mode, it hides all the bad stuff from the missus :tongue:

imo you will be fine with either of these browesers, Welcome to broadband....hope you never picked AOL :blink:

I AM a Firefox user, and have noticed the slowdown problem myself. At the time I was running quite a few add-ons as well, and found THESE were the ones contributing to the slowdown, not Firefox itself. After I removed all but 4 necessary add-ons, I was back up to speed again!

As for IE8 - I ONLY use it for Windows Updates. Opera I'm afraid is more than a bit of a non-starter with me, as it seems not to be able to work very effectively. As for Google Chrome, well again it's a non-starter due to speed requirements and such.

ALL browsers run in tabbed browsing now by default (Mozilla was the first to bring it in if I recall), but it's easy enough to turn off (and save yourself some memory and speed as well).

In addition, if you're using Google Chrome, you may well find that your details are being given away WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE, it's far safer to stick to a browser that doesn't do this! After all who knows where your data is going to end up and what it will be used for!

Hm.....I mainly use Chrome over Firefox, do you think that might be causing a fairly risky security leak in my system?

I'm not sure, but you may want to look into these items.

1. Google has and is sending details of the customer's e-mail addresses to the FBI (I don't know if they send them anywhere else).
  2. Just because you live in the UK does NOT mean you are immune from this un-authorisced spreading of information.
  3. If you do wish to stay with Google Chrome, then look into one of the various anti-tamper programmes you can find easily - usually freeware but some do have to be paid for.

That being said, Google and Google chrome are the ONLY two ISP's that have responded in this fashion, so i would look at seeing if I could not get some form of immunity or if that fails, change browser!

Well, I don't know, Opera works perfectly, it's really ease to use, doesn't require much and if you have Google Toolbar only, it's perfect. I don't like FireFox, just like you said, it's getting slower and slower, Internet Explorer is killing me and my computer, with 15 toolbars I don't even where they came from. I haven't tried Google Chrome, I don't need it (for now), I may try, but I'll keep using Opera at the moment.

And yeah, the name is funny, I agree too... :tongue:

Really you have problems with Opera? :blink: that's strange I'm using Opera now and I download all mods including the big ones and I never had any problems like crashing.

Ditto here, after being a longterm Firefox user I switched to Opera and made it my default browser. Firefox was becoming slower and slower to load with each version and I finally had enough.

I always use Opera for downloads (for both huge and small mods), it's streamlined and zippy... no problems ever!

Yay another Opera user! :biggrin: