Level Max 1

ItsOnlyPersonal

Basically what I'm asking for is a way to remove leveling (essentially stripping away all RPG elements from the game.) I have an assload of mods that cater to making weapons and enemies behave realistically so leveling and RPG elements and perks are not necessary at all. I figure if the player can't progress past level 1 then it would do the job well. I tried editing a mod that made the level cap 255 (changed every instance of 255 to 1) but that didn't work (possibly because I have project nevada installed and that f*#@s with the level cap.) If anyone can make a mod that makes the level cap 1 or somehow disables the player from gaining any XP I would be grateful. Thanks.

hmmm I think it would be possible to change how much exp you need to gain a level (say from 1 - 2)
if you change it so you need 10.000.000 exp then you wont level up. Still there are some loot and some enemies that scale with level(with your level) and some perks too. Fiddle with the RPG element pretty much brake FONV

hmmm I think it would be possible to change how much exp you need to gain a level (say from 1 - 2)

if you change it so you need 10.000.000 exp then you wont level up. Still there are some loot and some enemies that scale with level(with your level) and some perks too. Fiddle with the RPG element pretty much brake FONV

Hey thanks man. How would I go about messing with the exp values though?

If you do make it so you are always level 1 then some weapons and enemy types will never appear as they set to spawn after you are a certain level (e.g. the NCR elite rangers are set to spawn after you are level 10 I think). You'd be better setting the level cap to say 30 then making it so you get a perk every 31 levels and setting it so you either get 1 or no skill points per level. Also remember that by removing level up you won't be able to level up your non combat skills (lockpick, computer hacking and speech).

It's your game so it's up to you what you do with it. Just pointing out some factors you may not have thought of

If you do make it so you are always level 1 then some weapons and enemy types will never appear as they set to spawn after you are a certain level (e.g. the NCR elite rangers are set to spawn after you are level 10 I think). You'd be better setting the level cap to say 30 then making it so you get a perk every 31 levels and setting it so you either get 1 or no skill points per level. Also remember that by removing level up you won't be able to level up your non combat skills (lockpick, computer hacking and speech).

It's your game so it's up to you what you do with it. Just pointing out some factors you may not have thought of

Thank you for the warning. There already exists a mod that makes all creatures and enemy types spawn regardless of the player's level as well as a mod that makes the player gain more points when choosing their proficiencies at the beginning. I think that, when used in conjunction with those mods, it would create an emphasis on balancing out and creating a well-rounded character from the get-go.

Basically what I'm asking for is a way to remove leveling (essentially stripping away all RPG elements from the game.) I figure if the player can't progress past level 1 then it would do the job well.

Here you go, this should keep you at level one for a few years.

Hey thanks, man. You think you can also make it so the player never gains XP at all? Or is that not possible?

Hey thanks, man.

NP :thumbsup:

You think you can also make it so the player never gains XP at all? Or is that not possible?

Not really. There are settings that can increase or decrease the factors (9x, 1x etc) for things like enemies, locks picked etc and 0x *might* work, but experience can be awarded by any script and in other ways.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey thanks, man.

NP :thumbsup:

You think you can also make it so the player never gains XP at all? Or is that not possible?

Not really. There are settings that can increase or decrease the factors (9x, 1x etc) for things like enemies, locks picked etc and 0x *might* work, but experience can be awarded by any script and in other ways.

Ah! Sorry for the super late reply! How can I set experience gain to 0x, if only just to see if it works or not?