A Question, a thought, and a Why

Giggsy

Hi!

As the topic says, this thread will contain a very tiny question concerning clothing, a thought/idea about a good mod, and a question concerning the game itself.

Let's kick it off :

Question : How and where do I get those goggles I've seen from numerous screenshots around where the goggles are placed on top of the head? is this a mod, or is this something coming from some of the DLCs?

An answer is required.

Thought/Idea : A good idea for a mod came upon me when I was sneaking around in the narrow halls of Springvale School and the corridors were filled with Raiders with assault rifles while I had a 10mm pistol. I kept sneaking, and as soon as I saw the Sneak turn into Caution! I quickly lept into a nearby room and waited. The Raider came, checked the area and said something about "hearing things again". This gave me a brilliant idea: Why not try to add some kind of rock-throwing ability for sneaky players to distract the guard! This way, you can lure guards where you want them by throwing a rock, fork, bucket.... anything you can find to get their attention over there, and when they go to check it out, you gain all the benefits of a sneaking attack. This addition should not be overpowered. It should be linked to the perception of the Raider:The higher his perception, the harder he is to lure away.

Responds would be welcome.

A Why : Why are there no airports/runways in DC? There are a lot of train yards and trains, but no airfield or signs of planes. Maybe I've been missing out on the exploring, or maybe something has been added to any of the DLCs: I don't know, I just thinks it is kinda weird. But it would be awesome, to finally get up to the tower, where those pesky raiders where hiding out, and sniping at me as I was running across the runway. A great reward should be in the tower.

Comments? Please :)

There should be an airfield within the map-area. Would be a great place for a big Raider base; a part of the airstrip consisting of a plane yard (where all old, destroyed and broken planes are "laid to rest"). The tower serving as a look-out post for when nosy players come about.

@ ecksile : That mod looks good, but I want everything noisy to be able to be thrown: forks, plates, paperweights, cups, caps, weapons, small ruined books etc.

@ Uncle T : You understand the reason to avert the attention away from the Player and over there *tosses can* ? Your aware-meter might raise to caution! because the RAiders are suspicious, but they won't find you when they go looking because you are over here <---------------

Another thing : Do the silenced weapons have any effect at all? I was working my way down the main street towards the Arlington Library, when I saw three Raiders couple of 100 meters in front of me; 3 of em, and I decided to take one of them out from the range, and fight the rest of them. I sniped on of them, with a loud rifle, but they didn't care! They didn't mind that one of the Raiders suddenlt got shot!!! So I took out the rest of 'em with my sniper rifle!

Any update on the goggles? Anyone? What mod adds the goggles?

Well if you have any modding experience you can just build off the mod. Adding in the ability to throw other objects shouldnt be that difficult it should mostly copy paste.

I have no modding experience. I once tried to make a revolver for the popular FPS "Counter-Strike", but It failed. It is not a request, just a genuine thought/ an idea. It would be good for sneaky players to avert attention away from you and rather sneak around a camp of raiders instead of running in, guns blazing. But recently I just noticed that the A.I is pretty weak when it comes to noise and detection (I dunno how deep the programming of an A.I goes...), and when you snipe one of two raiders side by side, the other raider will seldom react. This, I found weird and unrealistic. Sometimes it works alright, but every now and again it happens. I don't complain at the moment, but it's an immersion killer.

About the copy and paste: I dunno if you have to create some first person views of the objects and so on. It would be cool though.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't there a mod called "decoy tin can". It adds such cans to your megaton house only.

Yes, apparently there is, but I would like a mod where you can throw anything you find, and make a better use of the "grab" button.