Patches not overwriting, creating a duplicate instead

EliteKhajiit

You are trying to makebyour mod overwrite the form that is also edited by another mod, yes? What is the source of the form you are overwriting?

I'm trying to overwrite a recipe from the USKP with my own. I would like to do it in such a way that does not require the USKP as an esm.

I'm trying to overwrite a recipe from the USKP with my own. I would like to do it in such a way that does not require the USKP as an esm.

The easiest solution is to require the USKP as a parent master. USKP does not need to be a ESM. It is already a false-flagged ESP which means it is treated as a ESM by both the game and the Creation Kit.

If you are wanting to avoid dependency upon the USKP, there is one thing you can do. Require SKSE. Create a script to run on a player alias on a game start enabled quest. Create a function that obtains the USKP's recipe with GetFormFromFile and with the use of SetWorkbenchKeyword change the assigned workbench keyword to some useless keyword you create in your mod. The function is called within the OnInit event and is also called within OnPlayerLoadGame event. The latter is a precaution for cases where the USKP is added after your mod has been in use. This script would effectively hide the USKP record from being used by the workstation and allow your record to be used instead.

The easiest solution is to require the USKP as a parent master. USKP does not need to be a ESM. It is already a false-flagged ESP which means it is treated as a ESM by both the game and the Creation Kit.

If you are wanting to avoid dependency upon the USKP, there is one thing you can do. Require SKSE. Create a script to run on a player alias on a game start enabled quest. Create a function that obtains the USKP's recipe with GetFormFromFile and with the use of SetWorkbenchKeyword change the assigned workbench keyword to some useless keyword you create in your mod. The function is called within the OnInit event and is also called within OnPlayerLoadGame event. The latter is a precaution for cases where the USKP is added after your mod has been in use. This script would effectively hide the USKP record from being used by the workstation and allow your record to be used instead.

Ok thank you for clearing that up. I was under the impression that as long as the editor ID was the same, the latter plugin in the load order would overwrite the former. I definitely don't want to add any scripts to run such a simple mod, but it's good to know that there is a way to do that if I ever need it.