I'm beginning to find it harder to hate the Thalmor...

Kestrellius

They didn't die, they were ERASED. Man.exe was deleted, removing all instances of it past, present and future, and it's writer was shot totally removing the possibility of it being re-implemented at any point.

The only reason Talos escapes is because of CHIM, putting him above the reality-refusal of the Numidium.

Well, the Redguards escape, don´t they. And in the end the Thalmor don´t really win, the whole of Landfall could probably be "healed" with dragonbreak, or some other hex.

Would, theoretically the Dovahkiin be recognized as a human or dov?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always assumed (based on what I've been able to gather from the C0DA stuff and some Teslore Reddit discussions) Landfall goes something like this:

1. The Thalmor and the Empire enter a second Great War. The Thalmor push the fight all the way to the Imperial City but are unable to erase Mankind and Mundus because of Talos or some other flaw in their plan.

2. The Thalmor (or someone else) causes the Numidium to return to Nirn. The Numidium, controlled by the collective consciousness of the world-hating Dwemer, proceeds to wreak havoc on both sides.

3. The confused Thalmor forces try to attack the Numidium, but the Numidium uses acenstroscythe (whatever that is) to erase the ALTMER from existence (how ironic).

4. A quantum-fluctuating Nerevarine (who's supposed to be every Nerevarine ever created) arrives piloting Akulakhan (nevermind that he destroyed it centuries earlier) and fights the Numidium. In the process, Nirn gets wrecked beyond repair.

5. A small band of Dunmer and Khajiit escape and settle on one of the Moons. These are the only CONFIRMED survivors but not necessarily the only ones.

6. Sometime in the far future, KINMUNE and Pelinal are constructed and are eventually sent back in time. In KINMUNE's case, the process was accidental, while Pelinal was apparently(?) sent to accomplish something.

http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/2capx0/the_chrome_guards_or_how_the_raga_survived/: is this legit? Cuz I read commentries on that several times.

In the siege of Alinor, the Numidium was caught in the time warp, catapulting it to the late Fifth Era. Thus escaping the Underking. It then resumes! the war against the Altmer, as it was commanded by Tiber Septim before and "ancestroscythes" them from existence.

What happens to the humans?

The Nerevarine, piloting the Akulakhan(a fake Numidiium by Dagoth?) battles it/them?(Dwemer), enabling the Wonderweir, carrying Khajit and Dunmer to escape for Masser. Nerevarine loses - does he die? and the Numidium wrecks Nirn. Then it moves on to Masser where it would be verbally defeated(Thu´um?) by a Dunmer known as Jubal Lun-Sul who would later go on to end the Landfall by creating the first of the "New Men" with Vivec."

Too bad that denizen of Akavir can´t take part in the battle against the Numidium, they might have something to stop it.

Also, taking the "telescope stretching all the way back to the eye of Auri-El" comment of the Altmer seriously, we can assume that there are many "realities" so who nows in which the TES games take place.

If they decide to take Hammerfell again, it's as good as gone. Thalmor stretched themselves too thin the last time, hard to imagine a new leadership making that same mistake again - and Hammerfell isn't Imperial domain anymore.

Only thing that is going to hold off the Thalmor is a united front, from the top down. None of this selling Peter to pay Paul $h1t - i.e. selling out Hammerfell and making concessions to strip Talos worship from people under Imperial domain.

Currently, the Empire is unwilling to do that - evidence their entering into and their unwillingness to redress the terms of the White Gold Concordant. Not sure the whole Stormcloak uprising is going to address that either, but then again Skyrim isn't the Empire either - just a humongous part of what little is left of the Empire that was p1$$$ed away by the Empire over time.

Phew.. been awhile since I had the time to post anything here...

First, the survival of the Redguard, and the involvement of the Nerevarine/Akulakhan are not from C0DA it's self, but are part of other people's additions... DoomDrivenPoster and MrFlippers respectively, if I remember correctly... While they are definately part of THEIR Coda, that doesn't mean they're part of Kirkbrides or Bethesda's. Hell, Landfall may not be part of Bethesda's, despite Kullmahn's and Hines involvement... Bit it does give us a point to discuss the future from...

Based on the semi-ish official information generally referee to as the Obscure Texts, we know 4 races survive Landfall. The Dunmer, because Vivec saves them somehow; The Khajiit, who were already on the moon's; The Altmer, who are present in the 9th era as part of the seemingly dying Alyiedoon Empire; And the Hist, because Trees. It's also possible the Sload survive, or there could be giant maggots in the moons...

Anyway, we also know there is no way to heal or fix Landfall, as it is THE Dragon Break. Time gets so effed up several Et'ad a die, and while Talps survives, it's only because of CHIM, and everything he stands for ceases to have ever existed. He's also an alcoholic. The only two outs are Amaranthe, abandoning this dream for the next, or straight up prevention.

Anyway, this isn't the place to batter the Empire for perceived slights. We have several other threads for that, and if you want to go around the block again with the circular arguements I'll he happy to tale the jog in the proper place...

End of the day, the Thalmor plan is kinda-sorta good... But has dubious-at-best means and probably.blows up in their faces...

So the Thalmor were not aeroscythed in the kirkbride c0da?

And, since I doubt Bethesda will just throw the money of future games away, how about the possibility that c0da and Landfall refer only to a possible future?

Still, question Dragonborn: recognized by the Numidium or other selection mechanism as human or dovah?

Phew.. been awhile since I had the time to post anything here...

First, the survival of the Redguard, and the involvement of the Nerevarine/Akulakhan are not from C0DA it's self, but are part of other people's additions... DoomDrivenPoster and MrFlippers respectively, if I remember correctly... While they are definately part of THEIR Coda, that doesn't mean they're part of Kirkbrides or Bethesda's. Hell, Landfall may not be part of Bethesda's, despite Kullmahn's and Hines involvement... Bit it does give us a point to discuss the future from...

Based on the semi-ish official information generally referee to as the Obscure Texts, we know 4 races survive Landfall. The Dunmer, because Vivec saves them somehow; The Khajiit, who were already on the moon's; The Altmer, who are present in the 9th era as part of the seemingly dying Alyiedoon Empire; And the Hist, because Trees. It's also possible the Sload survive, or there could be giant maggots in the moons...

Anyway, we also know there is no way to heal or fix Landfall, as it is THE Dragon Break. Time gets so effed up several Et'ad a die, and while Talps survives, it's only because of CHIM, and everything he stands for ceases to have ever existed. He's also an alcoholic. The only two outs are Amaranthe, abandoning this dream for the next, or straight up prevention.

Anyway, this isn't the place to batter the Empire for perceived slights. We have several other threads for that, and if you want to go around the block again with the circular arguements I'll he happy to tale the jog in the proper place...

End of the day, the Thalmor plan is kinda-sorta good... But has dubious-at-best means and probably.blows up in their faces...

Hmmm, then where does this post originate: http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/1vfzp5/c0da_preview/

INDORIL SOLDIER

The Armigers cannot join them. The Alma has rerouted them to the fundamengines.

KHAJIIT

Oof

THALMOR SOLDIER 2

Take my hand, kinsmer. Back on your feet. We’re almost go for launch and we’re leaving no one behind.

PIC 3: As Pics 1 and 2, but all Thalmor soldiers have vanished into pixel scratch. The khajiit refugee looks on in fear at the one that helped him.

KHAJIIT

W-what just..?

MIRROR-MAKE (O.C.)

NUMIDIUM BOMBARDMENT: ANCESTROSCYTHE: ALTMERI.

INDORIL SOLDIER

We’ve been breached!

• 2 months later...

First of all: Wow, this is still going on. Or was fairly recently.

Second: wait, so it's actually Numidium that blows up Nirn? On its own? I'd kind of figured that either it was just sort of the "impact" of its return that caused the damage, or the Thalmor got control of it somehow. But I guess it's the Dwemer consciousness? What happened to Talos; I thought he was piloting the thing?

Also, from what I've learned, it looks like Lorkhan created Mundus in order to let everybody become mortal and then achieve CHIM, resulting in (I think) Amaranth? I guess? But...then the question becomes why, since it looks like that would just create a new dream-cycle.