I'm beginning to find it harder to hate the Thalmor...

Kestrellius

Well, I don't think the Daedra LET it happen. Several actually straight up die in the event. It's also clear that, while they 'won' in that mankind ceased to be and they are no longer restrained by mortality, the Thalmor don't actually succeed in their goal. It's kind of a mutually assured destruction scenario, that the Thalmor didn't really see comming.

A bit of gravedigging here, but a topic this interesting should not die just yet...

So, what has been bothering me was if we really know Men will all die during the Landfall? Do we know none of them survived the destruction of Nirn, for example by escaping in Mothships or in Daedric realms or by some other way? Didn't the Reman emperors build Moon colonies and magical orbital battle stations in the First Era?

They didn't die, they were ERASED. Man.exe was deleted, removing all instances of it past, present and future, and it's writer was shot totally removing the possibility of it being re-implemented at any point.

The only reason Talos escapes is because of CHIM, putting him above the reality-refusal of the Numidium.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of recorded history is the Elves getting smacked around. Lorkhan cheated them, the Divines abandoned them, the humans committed genocide against them on at least 3 seperate occasions. All the Thalmor want is to go back to how it was before the God of Man ruined everything.

Lorkhan and his human pets are the real villains here.

On the other hand, the Thalmor would be better off following the teachings of Veloth. He found an escape, and through his teachings Vivec and to a lesser extent Hjalti found an escape that doesn't kill everyone.

I have always loved elves Playing one and also elven women, there are handsome men and pretty elegant magical women. They are better than human characters mostly in fantasy.Besides fantasy is fantasy. I mostly play a Nord guy because of the way skyrim is set up.

You are not really allowed to join the elves anymore than you are allowed to join deadra, or be one, (exspt modded race and game dose not reciqnize it, no npc will know or commint, its just your fancy and not worth doing, as thats no fun).

The elves are considered vilains in this game. Besides I like Vrykul and nordic stuff a bit too as well as slightly amazonian yet pretty women like the vrykul in another game I wont name.

Though I dislike ulfric with great intinsity as daffy duck would say...and I do sympathize with the elves, look at the history.

However, Original skyrim elves resemble aliens for some reason, without a mod. I think maybe elves in skyrim is a blanket term and these dudes somehow got mixed up with ETs, thats maybe why everyones so hostle.

In some respects these are not your conventional fantasy elves. I dont think the look was a accedent on the designers part.

Maybe it was to make you sypathize with the nords, and see them as outsiders or maybe it was hinting at something.

I know very little about skyrim lore realtivly speaking besides what the loading screen and npcs tell me despite hours upon hours of play. I have much to do in game.

In some respects these are not your conventional fantasy elves. I dont think the look was a accedent on the designers part.

It wasn't - TES Elves aren't supposed to be the pretty Tolkien style ones - they are supposed to be rougher, harsher and more conflicting in looks, cultures and personal being.

People keep going on about the "alien" look - look back at Morrowind, they had the same forehead structure and "design" there. It just wasn't as easy to see since the game used more simple head meshes. It did show in the textures though (non-modded).

Even Daggerfall had the difference visible:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/www.ign.com/9109/2011/08/darkelf_Arena.jpg

Look at the male (the hair covers the female, but it's similar).

Indeed. The Mer of TES have always had more of a Romulan look to them... Though I think the idea that it somehow makes them unappealing is an injustice. The basic models in Skyrim are rough and filthy, but Google the art of Kokomiko. She has ample sketches showing the range and beautily afforded by the design...

I'm not critisizing the art or anything uniqe, no not at all. They are not unplesant even unmodded,

no offesnse please.

I just know little of skyrim lore, and know that a popular trend among modern fantasy writers is that the gods are really aliens, and this or that race really came from space and that god and such.

To be honest I exspected that to later be reavealed to be the case though admitidly it would be refreshing if this were not so. I think this has something to do with the way people are these days. They can for the most part accept such a thing more easily.

Though even lovecraft long ago...you know but then more people share that viewpoint. I love his stuff but ancint technolgy discovered and alien races is pretty much exspected. Lovercrafts Aliens were a bit diffrent.

What would suprise me would be if such turned out to be the real deal instead as far as fantasy which is after all not reality. Ether way I love skyrim.

Well... The gods are sorta kinda aliens... They certainly come from the universe beyond mundus, and there are some definate sci-fi themes to the franchise. Nothing as dramatic as the VARNs of the old Might and Magic franchise, but Adamantia Tower was discribed as a ship...

But no, the Gods are very firmly spiritual entities whose existence goes well beyond simply visiting from another world...search the Monomyth on the UESP for a brief primer as to what the Gods are.

In a very loose and oversimplified way, they are concepts with a personality. Akatosh isn't just the God of time, he IS time, in the same way Lorkhan IS space.

Edited by Lachdonin

Well, I see. I guess I just exspected Deadric princes to be more along the lines of star gate sg1 guolds or however you spell that. Sort of advanced in being with cults and good technolgy. The devines like azguard. The standing stones, to be technolgy. People forgot they were once an advanced race blah, blah, blah...subjegated,..blah..blah.Go Breaveheart on them kill false gods unrealisticly. I thought the elves to be desendants of another world and another god.

I basicly started skyrim without reading anything except a walkthrough from where I prefer to get them, same as gamefaqs kingquest walkthroughs. At first I intentaly did not read to far ahead or pay attention to info, but I know now you kind of have to as your actions sometimes have ramafactions.

I cant approch skyrim like another adventure game exsplore and figer it out for myself. Things wait but there are certain triggers for events.

Not time based ones, but you can close off quests that depend on npcs if you kill them. you can cause enemies to attack holds by your actions, or inactions such as not doing dawnguard or progessing the main quests casuing dragons to hurt people.

Yeah, TES is a little more literal with the whole God-thing. Whats more, literally everything is descended from some primordial spirit/god, including men and mer. In fact, they both descend from two factions of the sake group of spirits...

As for the Daredra... They manifest in physical forms for the sake of finate mortals. They're really nebulous concepts of immense power that have no actual shape. When you're in their realm, you're probably somewhere inside THEM...

Yeah, TES is a little more literal with the whole God-thing. Whats more, literally everything is descended from some primordial spirit/god, including men and mer. In fact, they both descend from two factions of the sake group of spirits...

As for the Daredra... They manifest in physical forms for the sake of finate mortals. They're really nebulous concepts of immense power that have no actual shape. When you're in their realm, you're probably somewhere inside THEM...

Why are they then interested in women and girls like Serena was? The whole daughter of coldharber thing? They would have got passed such things one would think. Unless they screctly hate them and enjoy degrading them, and going aginst the flesh...like biblical demons that posses people and cause such actions, and for the sake of the story reguardless of real life belifes, I alway thought it was out of contempt for humanity as well as the image of...as in its originator.

Cannot Deadra as beings that transended flesh with no need of an anchor not find better things to do, Would it not seem childish to be so bored as to spend ones time playing with the emotional responses of humans sadisticly? Would they even register? unless there truly is nothing else for them and they are forced to turn there attition back on the human world or perhaps it sustains them in which case...well you see the implications of that.

They didn't die, they were ERASED. Man.exe was deleted, removing all instances of it past, present and future, and it's writer was shot totally removing the possibility of it being re-implemented at any point.

The only reason Talos escapes is because of CHIM, putting him above the reality-refusal of the Numidium.

Hmmm, did they? I have read all MK's C0DA material, but it's confusing as hell. I can't recall a single mention of Man being erased there. There is however some stuff set VERY far into the future (9th era I think) that describes how Pelinal Whitestrake was originally created. Wasn't he supposed to be some kind of terminator figure from the far future, built by Men and sent to the past to do... something?