Fallout 3, Oblvion, or Dragon age origins

Keanumoreira

I must be one of the few people to played all three games :biggrin:

Oblivion: I liked it at first but the story was not up to the standard of the Elder Scroll series, especially with Morrowind. It was all about the graphics and as much as I like the work that people do to improve the game with their mods, I judge games on their vanilla and Oblivion is just not the same without the mods, which is a shame.

Fallout3: Uses the same engine as Oblivion but made no improvements what so ever. It is below par with other Fallout games and I'm glad that Obsidian (aka The Black Isles) are making New Vegas as it is going back to their roots and sounds to be something for me on my birthday.

Dragon Age:Origins: I don't like comparing apples and oranges as Dragon Age:Origins is totally different in design and story. The story may have been some what cliche but it was entertaining for me. It is meant as the spiritual successor of the Baldur's Gate series and comparing with Oblivion and Fallout is not the right way to go when it comes to their genre. There are some things that I hate like the expensive DLCs, the failed 1.03 patch, lack of side quests and factions to choose and the bad scaling enemies (which was made worse in the expansion Awakening) but it didn't diminish my experience a little. If you are a fan of Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights or any other RPG like games that have D&D system, then this is for you.

I have to say Oblivion. I never played Fallout 3 or Dargon Age Origins. I just love the world of Oblivion. The nature is still pretty much untouched by humans it has mythical creatures like Elves and I just love elves. :wub: also it has weapons like bows, swords and I always loved that kind of things. :)

I have to say Oblivion. I never played Fallout 3 or Dargon Age Origins. I just love the world of Oblivion. The nature is still pretty much untouched by humans it has mythical creatures like Elves and I just love elves. :wub: also it has weapons like bows, swords and I always loved that kind of things. :)

I'm actually bored of oblivion now, yeah I know, I've gone insane. However, I'm no where close to being bored to it's style. If another game like or similiar to oblivion is made, you can bet I'm going to smother it.

1:Fallout 3

2:Oblivion

3: DA

I loved the world of Fallout 3. Devastated, yet quirky. The story, while not original or deep, was good enough for me and I had fun completing it. The combat, items, interface and graphics were all top notch.

I really enjoyed Oblivion, but after two years of non stop play, it got boring. Even the constant stream of mods didn't help...

Dragon Age. I went to my friends and he was playing it. I didn't like the look of it. It seemed to linear and not really... "free-roamy" for my tastes.

Although, of all RPGs, my favourite is still Dark Cloud. It's the first ps2 game I remember playing. I finally managed to get a copy off Ebay after a year of searching. It's a pretty rare game.

Couldn't get on with Oblivion at all, compared to Morrowind it was bland and vacuous. Fallout3 was great with mods when played as a story led shooter, sadly the awful dialogue and huge plot holes spoilt it as an RPG. Dragon Age is great, while it lacks the freedom of Bethesdas games it more than make up for it with a decent (if somewhat clichéd) storyline and fantastic characters. Pick a favourite from Oblivion/FO3/DA:O? I'd have to say Morrowind. :biggrin:

Eh? Oblivion of course.

I tried Dragon Age, and boasted to my friends how I was going to be a 'game-breaking' modder. After a day of playing, I got bored and sold it for 20 bucks. I'm sure I made someone happy for selling it so low a day after its release, more happy than I was... *sigh*

Fallout 3 has good gameplay/RP. The story was good, but lacked essence. I also had a hard time modeling anything with fallout. The engine made it hard to make anything unique.

Oblivion made me the modeler I am today... not saying much, but I owe it one.

I share Jim's opinion:

1. Morrowind

2. nothing

3. Oblivion / Fallout 3

(Dragon Age still unkown)

The religious theme behind the storylines is in all above ranked games the same:

You're the Chosen One, the Messiah, either the "victorious savior of the nations"

or the "suffering servant who dies for our salvation"... to my liking :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Oblivion is definitely my favorite of the three, or so I believe. I haven't yet had the pleasure of trying Fallout 3, though it's on the to-do list.

I must say though, I absolutely hate dragon age. Bethesda gives us a huge world where we're free to do basically anything we want, control over our character, basically control of everything. Dragon Age you can't control a thing, not so much as aiming your bow. Really, moving from Oblivion to Dragon Age felt like moving from a bullet bike to a horse- one of the reasons I was so keen on returning to Oblivion. If I wanted to play a game where you don't actually affect anything, only kill whatever the game happens to put in your little corridor, I'd have played whatever halo happens to have been released lately- thanks though.

Isn't it a little ironic that dragon age claims to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate though?

Baldurs Gate- ability to aim weapon swings and shots, complete control in skill based combat.

Dragon Age- ability to watch character's fight, minimal control in combat- if you're higher level, you'll win!

A bit of a huge step backwards, isn't it?

Ok, it's a little closer to a rant about dragon age, but

Oblivion > Fallout 3 > Modern Warfare 2 > Guitar Hero > Halo > Puppy Palace (DS) > Hannah Montana (DS) > Dragon Age

That was the question, right?