Fantasy Weapons

IgnusDei

I've come up with a trio of weapons designs I'd like to see realized in Dragon Age, but i lack the necessary skills to make it a reality. I'm wondering if there's any among you looking for a small mod project to undertake. If so, these designs are up for grabs, as long as I'm informed.

Saw Sword

masterwork dwarven blades

Flametongue

I might draw some more weapons, so watch this space.

That is some really nice artwork. As one artist to another, I gotta tell you that you have some really good talent with weapons. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

If I may ask, what program did you do those in, and render them in?

Holy frijoles those are some sick swords! I especially like the Dwarven ones; they're so simple, yet powerful looking. And they have that certain design that the DA Dwarven architecture has.

They are really beautiful but hardly something I would bring into a combat :)

It's enough to look at them to become clear the designer has little or no knowing at all of balance, dynamics and ergonomics. Presuming one manages to hit the foe, for example with that sawed one, the better was to him letting it there and seeking for another, quickly, instead trying to pull it out before getting himself killed while doing it :D

Still, this is not the worst, the handhold is something that cold be fit for a triggered weapon (like a gun), it's just "wrong" for a sword.

So, although they are beautiful looking, they harms my sense of usefulness in such way I wouldn't think having them for decoration... even.

They are really beautiful but hardly something I would bring into a combat :)

It's enough to look at them to become clear the designer has little or no knowing at all of balance, dynamics and ergonomics. Presuming one manages to hit the foe, for example with that sawed one, the better was to him letting it there and seeking for another, quickly, instead trying to pull it out before getting himself killed while doing it :D

Still, this is not the worst, the handhold is something that cold be fit for a triggered weapon (like a gun), it's just "wrong" for a sword.

So, although they are beautiful looking, they harms my sense of usefulness in such way I wouldn't think having them for decoration... even.

See, I dunno about that. There are "saw swords" that have been made, used mainly by sick freaks who want to tear the skin rather than cut. And if you look at the the actual swords in the game, there literally are other "saw swords". The sword are unwieldy looking because they're of Qunari design. So like, if say someone were to take the Saw Sword he has designed here, they could just put in the description that it's Qunari, hence the strange design.

And hey, the design gave The Prince no problems so why should it trouble a skilled and dastardly Rogue or freakishly strong Qunari?