Modders and "it's for private use only"

Moire

I did once, but it wasn't against anyone, it was more towards asking for assistance on a site I should have known I had no chance of registering for. I know that there's several modders from that site that are members here; I don't think I want to bother them with something that's likely been asked again several times, and get the same answer as people before me, only inching them closer to a "no more mods for you" status.

At the same time, I don't think a modder should submit a few mods to one site and then forget it, despite being active in another - Now I understand if that site had users that pissed you off/site staff disrespected you/stole and/or modified your work without consent(unless given in the description)/site is dead, but you kind of make a commitment to that site, so at least check in a few times and see how your uploaded work is doing, and perhaps in appreciation upload a new work.

Unless, of course, you're out the modding business, which we've all seen, and it's a loss-loss situation for everyone.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no point in making a separate category for those kind of mods , people will look even more at them , request them , rant because the mods are not shared .

Well, then maybe you could offer a solution. So far I seem to be the only one even remotely attempting to offer solutions. And no I didnt say we needed a seperate category, If you looked at the attached screenshot of my revised proposal, I was giving an EXAMPLE of how some method could be used to make it crystal clear when a viewer opens up a mod that has no indication of any sort of being private that they know right away that the mod is and might never be made available.

Because really, say some person new to TESNexus loads up the site, clicks browse categories, pulls up a category showing a list of...say...100 mods theres no indication for them to know whats off limits and whats public unless *shocked gasp* (That was sarcasm) they ask. Im trying to rectify that by offering plausable solutions.

Here it is again though if you missed it: Like so infact: http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/elizlestrad/Solution.jpg

I wish a moderator would close this topic. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose other than to gripe about what's shared and what's not and what people should do versus what they should not do.

Aaaand, on that note, this is now closed.

*lock spell*

AS