August holidays, Fileserver to CDN switchover and WYSIWYG editor for descriptions

Dark0ne

In response to post #18055959. #18067884 is also a reply to the same post.

hmmm... that seems to work! Just did a quick trial run and I peak at 1.6MB/s selectingone of the premium servers. It was set to <default> previously... strange...
All good then I guess! I'll keep an eye on download speeds for a while but if it remains like this I consider this fixed!
Thanks for the tip Demonica! :)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting great speed but suffer a lot of disconnects. I do like the switch though. One less button to click. Edited by akkalat85

I am now receiving much faster faster downloads with my Free Membership using CDN, and that is while using the free WiFi my apartment building has. In fact, my slowest download over CDN was twice as fast as my average download speed over the old servers. What's best, I haven't had any corrupted downloads since the official switchover. :)

Thanks, Dark0ne

WYSIWYG is without a doubt the most bug prone of all systems, I added it to some forums a few years ago and within a month it was removed. Here for a mod I copied from a .txt file for a description in a New Vegas mod and it obliterated the format with double spacing and returns in the wrong spot, I had to swap to the BBCode and paste it all again so it will be correct. Then editing a Skyrim bow mod to include a youtube review.. WYSIWYG wouldn't add the video or link. Again I had to swap to BBCode.

You would be better off staying with BBCode and have ALL BBCode functions as buttons that will wrap highlighted text with the code. For example if I wanted an image for the header I would paste the URL, highlight it, and then click the IMG button at the top of the page and the BBCode will be correctly placed. After if I wanted that centered or left/right I would highlight all with the code and click that button.

Then we do need a full page preview regardless of BBCode or WYSIWYG because WYSIWYG is not always what you get.

Getting incredibly bad DL speeds as well. I usually get 300+KB/s with downloads here, now it's never even near 50kb/s. Heck, sometimes it dips as low as below 1KB!

I can't download any of the big mods i want because of this. Will this be fixed?

Edited by Brokenfast