ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer

Halororor

Very true, unfortunately

Very true, unfortunately

Hmmm i know a lot of friends who are gamers, that's the one thing we have in common, There's nothing wrong admitting your a gamer, just like you watch movie's or read a book, its pretty much the same thing, its entertainment :thumbsup: .

You're all missing the point somewhat. The problem isn't really that you literally should be too ashamed to admit to being a gamer, the problem is the gaming community itself is flawed. The only point I didn't agree with in the entire article was the one about the story. You can't compare a game's storylineto a movie. If they were the same you'd have 30 hours of meaningful character development, and 5 hours of actually playing the game.

My solution to being a gamer in a society which doesn't appreciate them was to become antisocial. Now I get left alone and everyone wins!

Also, I think you just need to wedge in the character development into the gameplay.

that aritcle is bs...

for one was it written by a console gamer which as we all know have zero knowledge of any kind and hence cant make conclusions and henceforth are all her or his (article nor name make it clear if its a gal or boy) comments void...

the article lost all credibility after it blamed pc gamers for piracy being a problem the industry thinks needs fighting, compare that article to the one about thr RIAA ideas on how much one mp3 is worth... its alot lol...

it also completely ignores the old problem of games not being sold cause theyre shitty or the people who pirate them wouldnt pay in the first place either and hence there is no lost income and hence no break of law...

anyway...

the author also ignores the fact that many gamers simply dont need girls as we have sex with our floppy drives, due to our small wangs thats totally possible, i assume its simply a bigoted mindset which thinks of people who dont think of girls as their toy of choice as perverted.

but well, each their own i guess, just dont blame us for your crappy games or the predjuduce people show towards you my dear console people :P

if anyone is to blame its you for supporting years and years of medicore game developement and buying stuff like battlefield bad company 2 or dragon age (my fault too, i bought this shitty game, i beg your forgiveness).

The point being, that if people didn't pirate, there wouldn't be anti-piracy measures and games WOULD sell better. Stop blaming the gaming industry for making people pirate and rather get the pirates to stop. Also, you totally missed the point of the article. Nobody gives a rat's fart if pirates weren't going to buy the game anyways, if they aren't going to buy it, then don't play it.

This whole thing of "I'll pirate because the devs put in horrible anti-piracy measures', or 'they overcharge us' or even 'I'm not going to buy the game anyways' needs to stop. Right now. It's BS. Gaming is a luxury, stop your crappy entitlement attitude right there, mister. If you can't shell out the dosh, you can't have the product.