CFF explorer

I get the same result using it for Oblivion as I do for Fallout 3

No great jump in frame rates but the game loads faster and runs smoother with less stuttering, especially notice the difference when there lots of NPC's around.

As always though, back up your Oblivion.exe before you alter it with CFF.

Regards, Mart.

I use OBSE 18 and no problems, I also run two seperate computers (means I can have two seperate Oblivions with different mods running) and they both have OBSE 18 and the CFF RAM fix.

Are you running a steam version of Oblivion by any chance ?

• 4 years later...

I use OBSE 18 and no problems, I also run two seperate computers (means I can have two seperate Oblivions with different mods running) and they both have OBSE 18 and the CFF RAM fix.

Are you running a steam version of Oblivion by any chance ?

Hi,

sry for necromancy, but I really need help. Have steam Oblivion and OBSE 21. When I double click onobse steam loader .dll a CFF window opens with my obse .dll file indicated and that`s it.

What needs to be done so Oblivion starts?

Forgot to mention I`m on Win7 64 bit.

Rgds, Dan Hubert

Edited by Dan Hubert

The instructions for installing OBSE on a Steam Oblivion install are in the file obse_readme.txt along with instructions on starting the game. Double clicking on DLL files isn't one of the steps ... after installing correctly, starting Steam Oblivion in the normal non-OBSE fashion is one of the steps though.

@Striker879, digitaltrucker

THX awfully for your attn. I should not rely too much on memories long past it seems. Anyway, Oblivion starts but I get no notification that OBSE is running.

IIRC it did when I played Oblivion earlier, i e years ago. BTW, when looting I only see the little cauldron, no victim name and I can only loot in 1st person. Is that WaD nowadays?

Rgds, Dan Hubert

Use OBSE Tester to confirm that OBSE is working. If OBSE is working then you'll need to track down the culprit for your woes (mod conflict). If OBSE isn't working then one or more of your mods that rely on OBSE are not able to completely do what they are designed to do, and weirdness results.

Since I started using OBSE (version 0019b) I've never seen it give any "I'm working" indication (beyond mods that needed it not working that is).