Crank calling 911

Lehcar

Just thought of this because I just happened to be watching some cop reality show, and they showed a story of a little boy (7 years old) who prank called 911 claiming someone was shot in the head. And they were awfully nice to him for all the ruckus he caused.

I did that once, and let me tell you, the cop who came sure as heck wasn't that nice to wee little five-year-old me about it. Actually, I feel it can hardly be called a "prank" since I didn't even say anything to the operator, I just dialed 911 and then I hung up immediately without saying anything, and I had no ill intentions in doing what I did. Really, the only reason I did it was out of curiosity, because I wondered what would happen if I did... and indeed, I got the answer to my question.

Learned my lesson and never did it again. :wacko:

Did any of you ever do something like that when you were a child?

The first time I called 911 was out of complete confusion. I think I was three when I saw this comercial about some type of Jewlery worth 911 dollars. I didn't understand that it was the price I was seeing not the number to call to get it, so I dialed 911 and hung up because people on the other side responded. Boy did I get in trouble when my Mom found out. :unsure:

I once called the Fire department when I was about 7 years old...

An austrian 10 year old boy called the police saying he saw a man kidnapping a little child. The police went searching for 3 days with helicopters and all that stuff. Then the boy told the police that it was just a joke. His parents had to pay over 10000€ (about 15000$). It happened one or two years ago. So..never prank 911

My daughter dialed 911 when she was just over one year old. Beats the heck outta me how she managed to get the combination right and that was also the 1st time she ever had "access" to the phone. We didn't know about it until they called back asking what the emergency was. We explained what must have happened but they had to send a patrolman out anyway.

I've also noticed that kids that have absolutely no idea what they are doing can find the strangest key combos that confounds an computer expert. My oldest son was about 2 when he came up from behind while I was typing on my computer and he put his fingers on the F keys and something else with one hand for a split second. The next thing I know, I'm looking at the BIOS screen during a reboot. ** shrug **

What can I say...kids...gotta love 'em (or they'll get you!!!)

In Denmark you have to pay for "pranks" too. Can be very expensive, and cause some very angry/unhappy parents. :thumbsup:

PS. I never did it.

We used to call the grocery, and ask for a barnfull of merchandise, delivered to the neibourgh. :whistling: