Mod Request Thread

WarKirby3333

Most of the time, mods that are requested are either mods that require a hell of alot of work from the few people who can actually mesh/texture stuff, or is impossible due to other, more complicated reasons. Of those that remain, you have your senseless wants which just aren't worth the effort trying to script them, or mods which have already been made.

Another problem is that the Oblivion modding community is sread out too thin across many sites. If all modders were members of one site, then issues such as yours would not be so much.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Looking for a few mods that should be fairly easy to do. If any have been done already pls post links.

A lightsaber. If possible, 2H but drawn/sheathed on the side. If people can attach fire effect to weapons surely a lightsaber isn't much beyond that.

Knuckledusters. Equip in ring slot and visible over gloves. Should increase H to H damage independant of strength/hand to hand skill. I saw a topic a few pages back that tells you how to do this.

Wrist Shields to provide extra protection when using 2H weapons. (equip in ring slot)

Any experienced modder oughta be able to do one of these fairly quickly.

WarKirby

I'm Looking for a few mods that should be fairly easy to do. If any have been done already pls post links.

A lightsaber. If possible, 2H but drawn/sheathed on the side. If people can attach fire effect to weapons surely a lightsaber isn't much beyond that.

Knuckledusters. Equip in ring slot and visible over gloves. Should increase H to H damage independant of strength/hand to hand skill. I saw a topic a few pages back that tells you how to do this.

Wrist Shields to provide extra protection when using 2H weapons. (equip in ring slot)

Any experienced modder oughta be able to do one of these fairly quickly.

WarKirby

you can get nuckles equiped in ring slot here

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=517022

I am new at this, and I like to play mages. I have a couple of idea's I wanted to share. I have no idea how hard, or if it is even possible to do the following things, so I am just putting them out there as suggestions or ideas for mods.

1) I would like to see Scribes. That is, someone who can convert scrolls into known spells for the player for a fee. This would be about twice the spell cost or more, for the work. Perhaps the person at the Mage's Guild who charges weapons, could also do this.

This might be accomplished by being charged money for the Mage Guild member to learn the spell to sell. (Or "sold" into the "spells for sale" list.) Then you would just buy it normally from the spell list. It would save time looking for someone to buy them from.

While I understand you can make the spell once you join the Mage's Guild, some "Freelancers" might just want to learn what they find.

2) Another idea for this person is to be able to have them "buy back" unwanted spells at a big discount, of course.

3) The ability to create your own scrolls might also be useful. It would give the parchment, pens, and ink a purpose. This could only work for "known" spells.

4) I am a big fan of "Cats and Rats," but I think it might be cool to have dogs and children added in.

The dogs would chase the cats, and rats. The children would chase the dogs and cats. I think it is odd that there are no children running around anyway. Are they just growing full-adults somewhere?

5) Another thought I think might be interesting would be the ability to "teach" others your skills. The townsfolk keep talking about it anyway, why not make money at it?

I am trying to learn the basics of creating mods. However, with work, school, and living, I just can't find the time.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share,

Thanks.

Hi, I'm still looking for a mod that will disable detect life within a short distance of my character, so that when having conversations with npcs their features are not muddied up with the spell effect.

Or if someone knows how I can just make the tweak myself, please tell me how.

Thanks

Battle in third person in oblivion is pretty much impossible, which makes me sad. First person is fun, but I'd still like to see a good third person mod.

So I've been searching for some good third-person battle mods, not much luck. I found 2 that are pretty much identical, they just add an item to your inventory that allows you to lock on to a target. I'd really like it (and i'm sure others would, too) if someone made a good third person battle mod.

For example...

A good lock-on system, with an arrow or some type of indicator on your target. Also, when locked on, it would be really nice if the camera would zoom in to a fixed distance, and off and up/down to an angle. This would allow for a much better view of what you're doing. Finally, it would be awesome if someone could redo some animations. It always seems like the people are really stiff around the shoulders (especially when using bows). Maybe some new fighting stances, like when weilding a 2handed sword they kinda let it drop down behind them, rather than holding it straight up.

Oh, and this is going to be picky....

If anyone does try to do some animations, plz, when the character isn't swinging their sword, or shooting their bow, don't make them stand completely still. Give them a little bounce in their step, if you know what i mean.

To anyone who tries this, thanx a lot. I would myself but i have no idea how to mod.

;D ;D ;D

Archived