I need help creating characters. Yes, seriously.

Chaotic16

Here, here and here.

These are the types of characters I would love to create. However, it just seems incredibly and overly complicated. I'm sure you all know how the default character looks like when you are choosing your race/gender. That's pretty much what I'm stuck with, because I have absolutely no idea how to make them look like the screenshots above. For one, their lips are Angelina Jolie MASSIVE and their jaws are those of horses. But those screenshots above actually look natural.

I can NOT for the life of me figure out how to just make the damn characters look like human beings (generally speaking, in the face). HOW do I do this? This may seem like a stupid post, but I've spent HOURS trying to figure this out.

Oh, haha, it takes patience lol. Took me nearly 4 hours to get my character's face right and I still tweak it here and there. I think I didn't do too bad of a job with a stock race :biggrin: A lot of it for me creating her originally was the jaw and lip area.

I randomized the face for a solid hour it seemed (ugh Bethesda :verymad: ) until I found a face that was reasonably shaped, set the age slider all the way to the left, and went from there. Messing with the jaw and lip area can fix that ugly horse look lol It just takes ages :pinch:

Lol, yeah. This is driving me crazy how I can't just change the nose without screwing something else up. Does anyone know of a tutorial or something for this sort of thing that might tell you what's linked and what's not?

Lol, yeah. This is driving me crazy how I can't just change the nose without screwing something else up. Does anyone know of a tutorial or something for this sort of thing that might tell you what's linked and what's not?

I don't know any, but you can download FaceGen Modeller demo, then moving sliders all around and see.

**Oh, and these characters you linked are using custom head meshes, like Ren's or idkrrr's.

I don't know any, but you can download FaceGen Modeller demo, then moving sliders all around and see.

**Oh, and these characters you linked are using custom head meshes, like Ren's or idkrrr's.

I downloaded some mods which had some of Ren's in them. But I don't know if they included these meshes you speak of.

Edit: I found a tutorial, which is helping me quite a bit. Quite.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

Yeah, took me a while to make my Girl. not making her look like an 80's hooker or an anime freak. i started with a mod race called "Ainmhi"(?) then i relized i didnt like the tail that came with that so i used Oblivion Face Exchange Lite to copy the face from the Ainmhi to another race called cute elf

Yeah, took me a while to make my Girl. not making her look like an 80's hooker or an anime freak. i started with a mod race called "Ainmhi"(?) then i relized i didnt like the tail that came with that so i used Oblivion Face Exchange Lite to copy the face from the Ainmhi to another race called cute elf

Transferring a face made with specific head mesh to character with different head mesh may not work well. Ainmhi uses stock Bethesda human head mesh, while Cute Elf uses Ren's head mesh(Ren head #1, I think). Sometimes, doing so can result... wierdly deformed face in any degree.

You can also use Wrye Bash, which has a face-copy function. You don't have to use all of Wrye Bash if you don't want to, just the functions for savegames. You pick an ESM or ESP file with NPCs, pick a character, and copy the face. Probably stable if you choose the same sex and race as your character's face.

Tch, I've also got problems. I manage to make a character that looks great in some lighting like these faces:

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo238/100PercentRatedR/cool.jpg

Thing is, from other angles they appear to have wrinkles around the cheeks, sometimes makes the lips look irregular as well:

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo238/100PercentRatedR/bad.jpg

On another model I totally revamped I managed to get out the wrinkles in all lighting effects, but I was stuck with poor skin color, where my characters face appears white and the body more tan:

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo238/100PercentRatedR/alright.jpg

It's a tough process :wacko:

I could also use some help.

I never have massive problems creating my characters, but then, I rarely play female characters and all these 'cute elf' types can be damned for all I care. I have three main characters; A gaunt dark elf, a rougish looking redguard, achieved by making him moderately gaunt, achieved by giving him a slightly more chiseled jawline and giving him a slightly smiling mouth and a square-jawed nord. I have a feeling this is what is was designed for, that's why I found it so easy.

General tips for normal looking characters:

Keep the brow quite low, especially inner. Otherwise they look silly, like they're suprised

Don't make the cheeks too fat, then they look like hamsters

Khajiit always look the same. Deal with it.

Don't put they eyes to high, it makes the face look long and horse-like

Whatch what you're doing when make the beard darker; it seems to give orcs an extra pair of nostrils and can make the face go quite pale and off-colour.