How does Ulfric know Delphine?

LoneWolfEburg

The most interesting part is that there is a thalmor ambassador in the same room with two blades. In fact, they sit in front of each other.

• 3 weeks later...

If you think the powerful people at that table had no access to a guest list before arriving, which presumably had Delphine on it as the Blades representative of the Dragonborn, and not Esbern, then I have a rainbow bridge to Asgard to sell you.

Actually if you pay attention to the scene as you're coming in, the Greybeards were not expecting her to show up either. She had to practically bully her way in. So it's unlikely anyone at the table knew she and Esbern would be there.

On a side note, I was very disappointed at not being able to say to Ulfric, " Why don't you and me and your pet monkey step out back and see who can shout the loudest?"

Or if you don't like the pet monkey, just as an afterward say, "By all means, bring your dog, too?"

If you think the powerful people at that table had no access to a guest list before arriving, which presumably had Delphine on it as the Blades representative of the Dragonborn, and not Esbern, then I have a rainbow bridge to Asgard to sell you.

Guest list? No. Firstly Ulfric is surprised to see Elenwen. Ulfirc is the most powerful member of his faction. He didn't see any guest list. If he had, he would not have been surprised.

The Dragonborn convinced the Greybeards to have the council. They are not leaving their enclave to deliver a guest list to anyone, even if they were so inclined, and they don't know where to find people like Esbern or Delphine. Plot hole that- Esbern and Delphine being there magically.

Dragonborn says to Greybeards: hey, let's have a council! Greybeards say: gee, we don't like it but I guess if you say so. Dragonborn waltzes off to the post office? No. He hits the road.

The Dragonborn shows no evidence of making a list; he just goes and talks to Tulius and Ulfric. This wasn't a party scheduled for next week or next month, it was scheduled for: right now. Guest list? Wha?

Just how would those powerful people see a guest list which didn't exist? Dragonborn didn't make one. Greybeards didn't make one. Stormcloaks didn't make one. Imperials didn't make one.

So yeah. How much for the bridge?

On a side note, I was very disappointed at not being able to say to Ulfric, " Why don't you and me and your pet monkey step out back and see who can shout the loudest?"

Or if you don't like the pet monkey, just as an afterward say, "By all means, bring your dog, too?"

I caught Elenwen outside afterwards, and I fus-roh-dah'd her off the cliff. Essential. Figures.