inventory icon problems

Junked

I recently started trying to alter some of the textures for a couple of weapons in the game and i think they've turned out pretty well. i wanted to add the correct image for the inventory so i took a screenshot cropped it out and stuck it in the others place, however scaling the image down that far i ended up without any clarity and you can barely tell what it is. i tried increasing the size of the icon image to retain image quality but the game scales it down with similar results.

Already having downloaded some mods from the nexus i've seen that many people have pulled this off and they look very good. i was hoping someone could give me a better, more effective way to do it while retaining most of the clarity you see in the rest of the inventory.

I recently started trying to alter some of the textures for a couple of weapons in the game and i think they've turned out pretty well. i wanted to add the correct image for the inventory so i took a screenshot cropped it out and stuck it in the others place, however scaling the image down that far i ended up without any clarity and you can barely tell what it is. i tried increasing the size of the icon image to retain image quality but the game scales it down with similar results.

Already having downloaded some mods from the nexus i've seen that many people have pulled this off and they look very good. i was hoping someone could give me a better, more effective way to do it while retaining most of the clarity you see in the rest of the inventory.

what i did is taking a in game screanshot and manualy nip and tuck it with piant on pre existing icon i downloaded, then i manualy resized everything with paint, and the work was almost perfect,the only problem was i had a black square beyond the icon instead of the transparency you normally get, than EvilDeadAsh34 helped me by adding it and further resizing the icons for a perfect appearence ,so maybe if you know how to add an alpha lair by yourself you can tray what i did and than add it, if not maybe he will read here and answer you, he is far better than me in doing this,sorry if this wasen't of mutch help

I basically do what you do but when i take the screenshot i have my resolution maxed at 1080p and position the camera as close as possible to what the final icon will be. that allows me to not have to keep resizing and manipulating the image because that makes the icon mushy the more and more you resize it. So try your very best to resize it in one shot. Increasing the resolution of the icon does help but as you pointed out they still get downsized. That said, even though they get downsized they still have more clarity than the lower res icons.

But i'll emphasize again, when you resize the image you are going to use for your icon, try to do it in as few steps as humanly possible. That way you retain the most detail from the original. Also don't be afraid to lightly sharpen your icon if you think it needs it. But don't over-sharpen, that'll just make it worse.

If you want any further help just PM me.

Edited by EvilDeadAsh34