Missing Files?

BloodyFox

I just installed Morrowind GOTY onto my new computer, but when I go to run the game, it says that there is a file missing- meshes/bm_snow01.nif. I'm not sure where to move it so that it will work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, just downloading a completely different Bloodmoon expansion (as that's the one messing up), and just moving the missing file into the data file folder. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed Morrowind GOTY onto my new computer, but when I go to run the game, it says that there is a file missing- meshes/bm_snow01.nif. I'm not sure where to move it so that it will work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, just downloading a completely different Bloodmoon expansion (as that's the one messing up), and just moving the missing file into the data file folder. Any suggestions?

Same problem here after reinstalling. When I click on the MW icon, the game starts to load then crashes immediately. Exact words in pop-up:

Failed to load snowflake: Meshes/BM_snow_01.nif

Tried every kind of reinstall, driver and patch but no avail. Game won't start

Same problem here after reinstalling. When I click on the MW icon, the game starts to load then crashes immediately. Exact words in pop-up:

Failed to load snowflake: Meshes/BM_snow_01.nif

Tried every kind of reinstall, driver and patch but no avail. Game won't start

Install bloodmoon

after tribunal.

Now, about your snowflake error, if you're using Windows XP, then you should disconnect from the internet, disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware, or firewall software you're using (these programs can mess up the installation) and reinstall Tribunal and Bloodmoon (in that order).

If you're using Windows Vista, then I'm afraid I don't know a very good way to fix this problem... try right-clicking the Morrowind.exe file (located in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind), choose the Run as Administrator option, then try playing.

If that doesn't work, open your Morrowind.ini file (located in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind) and find the Archives section. It should look like this:

[Archives]

Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa

Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa

If either of these lines are missing, then copy and paste them into your Morrowind.ini file. Also, while you're there, right-click your Morrowind.ini file, look at its properties, and make sure that it is NOT read only.

If that still doesn't help, then try opening the Tribunal CD in Explorer, right-click Setup.exe, and choose the Run as Administrator option. Then disconnect from the internet, disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware, or firewall software you're using and double-click the file Setup.exe on the Tribunal CD to reinstall Tribunal. Then repeat this process with the Bloodmoon CD.

If that still doesn't work, then you can copy and paste the Data Files folders from the Tribunal and Bloodmoon CDs to the installed Morrowind folder on your hard drive. By default, the game gets its art files from the installed BSA files, but it looks for them in the Data Files first; so putting them in the Data Files should fix your problem, but it will use more hard drive space. After you copy the files over, to get some of your hard drive space back, you might be able to delete the Tribunal.bsa and Bloodmoon.bsa files from your hard drive and both of the Archive entries in your Morrowind.ini file - I've never tried this, though, so don't permanently delete the files until you're sure it isn't causing any problems.

Hope this helps

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gif

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

So what error message do you have ? Have you anything in your Warnings.txt ? This could help.

Also, to extract the content from CDs, you have to put the right one.

If you have this error : Failed to load snowflake: Meshes/BM_snow_01.nif

Then put the bloodmoon cd and go into it. You'll see a folder called Data Files in it, extract all the files from the cd to your morrowind directory.